Can we come to some sort of mutual agreement on this?

As far as this statement goes.......My Son knew from an early age what he wanted to do, and that was to JOIN the United States Air Force. He is very intelligent and could have done anything he wanted to, he made Staff Sergeant in three years which is about half the time of most other Airmen and will most likely be promoted to Tech Sergeant before his six year enlistment is reached. You can't be average or stupid and do that.

Its a good quality life, I spent 26 yrs with AF. Only 1 in 5 make Tech in less than 6yrs. The rise to Tsgt can be fairly quick & reasonable if the slots are available & one passes enlisted performance reports, promotion fitness exam, AFSC specialty knowledge test, time in grade, time in service and decorations. Congress sets the size of the active duty force for each branch of the service, and sets the percentage of the enlisted force that is allowed to service in each paygrade, above the grade of E-4. That means, for someone to be promoted to E-5 or above, there must be a "vacancy," or "slot." Such vacancies are created with someone separates, retires, or gets promoted to the next higher grade. The Air Force is the only service that does not base E-5 and above promotion percentages on the job. The other services base their NCO promotions based on how many vacancies exist in the person's job. The Air Force, on the other hand, gives the same promotion percentage to all of their AFSCs.

Last edited:
I personally thank every single LEO and Military person I see.....no matter what I'm doing...I stop, shake their hand and thank them for their service......I have a personal stake in this...with a son as a Deputy Sheriff....and a daughter who is Active Army Paratrooper.....back in my day....wearing my uniform in public got me nothing but crap....said to me, thrown at me......etc........

Good intentions, bad judgement. I completely agree with you that leos, emts, etc. are greatly under appreciated and truly deserve more recognition for what they do on a daily basis, but if you truly believe that our troops aren't defending our freedoms then you might need to reevaluate your way of viewing this situation. If our troops were not fighting these terrorists overseas, our leos would be fighting them on our street corners. If waves of illegal aliens can flood our country, what makes you believe terrorists who aren't occupied elsewhere couldn't do the same. Perhaps a different analogy would have been better. I have alot of friends and family who are in the le community and have a tremendous amount of respect for them, however, most have an over inflated ego due to the power that comes with the badge. This fact does not alter the respect that I have for them, it simply explains why most people have feelings of animosity towards leos.

I am 31, A Husband, A Father, A Combat Veteran, and a Current LEO.

I was raised here in GA and joined the Army right out of highschool. I got to live in Korea, Germany...I partied, I was reckless just like everyone else in life. Then I got a little older. I went to war. That was a very humbling experience for me. That is were I learned alot about life, people, politics and just how fragile a human life is, Mine and Yours. While conducting an Air Assault raid of an insurgent hideout, I was shot and wounded. I was very lucky to walk away, but more so I was very thankful.

Upon exiting the Army, here I was physically fit, kept a cool head under pressure, and ready for a job....I looked around and things were ugly in the job market.

As a young man, I had no desire to be a Police Officer, matter of fact, I tried to avoid them lol. But here I was applying to be one.

I exited the Army in California and applied to a large city agency. Over an 8 month period, I went through a Physical Fitness test, A General Aptitude Written test, a Writtin Phsycological exam, A very extensive Background Investigation, A oral board interview, a Detectives Interview, a Interview by the Cheif, a interview by a Psyc Doctor.

Police Departments put a TON of money and time into hiring who they think will do the best job and not get the city sued while doing so. I have met a ton of cops in my short career and can tell you that the majority are really good guys and YES there are bad ones from time to time.

In regards to "dirty" cops, those guys keep that on a very low profile for a couple reasons. One being that if the Department or Public finds out, they will fired and most likely brought up on charges. Two being that if I find out or any of the guys I work with, we are going to turn them in as well. None of us like dirty cops, it ruins the hard work and reputaion that put in.

Bottom line, I am a regular guy. I go to work, then I come home to my family. Im looking forward to the birth of my son in a few weeks, and looking forward to Bow season coming up.

When im not working, im just another Joe nobody face in the crowd, and when I am working, I genuinely try and treat people the way I would want to be treated. Sure sometimes it gets physical, but those times are far and few in between, its not like you guys think.

If you look at the numbers the 800k or so Officer in the US, the corruption cases are a very small percentage and dealt with swiftly when uncovered.

Good cops dont sell, thats the truth. There is alot of pressure in this job. Of the 500 good things i will do on the job this year, the only one that will reach your TV is the one bad one, and that pressure gets to alot of guys over time.

Not sure where I was going with this....just my $0.02

Back
Top Bottom