• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can we get all the fudd crap out of competitive shooting?

JJ0341

Marines Icon Supporter
IT’S NOT WATERBOARDING IF YOU USE GASOLINE
70   0
Reaction score
Been trying to get more into the competitive scene to spice things up but holy crap some of these rules are stupid... so many unnecessary holster regs and holster "placement" rules. surprised I'm not barred for being left handed and under 70... Is there anybody in the metro area that isn't going to pull this crap and actually make a legit competitive scene?

Yeah, let's get real and start parking old cars at the range so we can jump across the hood to get cover on the other side?

And we should be able to throw hand grenades --even if we can only throw them 2/3 as far as their lethal blast radius. Assumption of risk, signed waiver of liability, at all that; we can make it work!

And why don't we add cutting people's throats with Rambo knives along with the handgun shooting to make it more realistic?

I wish there or more bullseye competitions that are about the lost art of marksmanship --not training to kill people rapid fire in urban combat.

I think I'm going to have to sell my High Standard Victor target pistol, because nobody participates in that kind of target shooting anymore.

where did I say any of that? lol mainly think its stupid that a "concealed" course of fire doesn't allow appendix carry and my holster is required to go through a belt loop... do we really have that little faith in anyone at that level wanting to participate?
Liability possibly..? No one wants to see you choot yer pecker off! Besides that carrying appendix is for hipsters and Cheddar Bob…:behindsofa:

On a serious note.. Times change and so do the methods and versions of all sports however these old guys can prob show you something… Getting hits is kinda neat but scoring a 300 takes serious dedication, especially 1 handed. Got my first one at 15. Fundamentals are worth something in the real world.

where did I say any of that? lol mainly think its stupid that a "concealed" course of fire doesn't allow appendix carry and my holster is required to go through a belt loop... do we really have that little faith in anyone at that level wanting to participate?

Yes. Go to enough of them and you will see why those stupid rules are in place.

I've experienced enough idiot marines under me that do everything right regardless of their brain... yell at them stop being soft is the way I feel about so called "instructors" and insert certification here... meanwhile I know there's a lot of "accidents" that happen civilian wise because "Mi GrAnDandY tAughTmE tA Shuut, me 2 Wuurld waRzz"

Back
Top Bottom