• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can you legally carry on the job at non permissive workplace?

The most logical argument is to ignore the rule because an armed criminal intent on doing harm will ignore it also.

I know that makes liberals heads swim but that’s what simple common sense does to liberals.

answer is obvious, there is no legal problem for carrying a weapon at your work against company policies, but if you want to keep your job then you have to follow their policies. most jobs in Georgia are at will and violating company policies is a sure way to get terminated. Just leave it in your vehicle, preferably in something locked and secured. I have had a gun stolen out of my truck in my former employers parking lot, won't happen againcause I have hiddan safe bolted thru the floor boards with Grade 8 bolts. bottom line if you want to carry in your workplace against their policies practice deep concealment and carry on Bro!

Do you carry at non permissive workplace? If so, is it a different set up than when you are not working? I see a lot of threads on edc set up and what not. Lots of glock 19 pistols or those of similar size. Those are concealed on your person at work? If not, then its not really your edc right? Do you have work edc that differs from non work hours edc?

So from what I understand, you run the risk of disciplinary action up to or including termination if you are found to be packing on the job of a non permissive workplace. But, is there any legal ramifications to it? To clarify, this would not be a workplace like a school, post office, etc where it is federal/ felony offense but any other workplace that has "no weapons allowed" signs for the property/company. From my understanding, those signs do not carry legal weight in Ga. for customers or patrons on property with a GWL. How about for employees?
Yes

Exactly. I value my life but at the same time I need to be able to fund my life.

Agreed. At the same time, the flip side of the coin is ya gotta be alive to fund your life (if by chance poo goes down while working and you are abiding by policy as you bleed out). Guess its one of those "which is more likely scenario".

Agreed. At the same time, the flip side of the coin is ya gotta be alive to fund your life (if by chance poo goes down while working and you are abiding by policy as you bleed out). Guess its one of those "which is more likely scenario".
Life is a gamble, working in the industry I work in there are many other things much more likely to kill me than an active shooter.

My guess is its legal to carry and legal for them to fire you for breaking terms you were hired under.

Do what I do and carry where people cant see it. Even though my company doesnt allow it my boss knows I carry and allows it because she wants protection in the building.

Your chances of being killed by a car are way greater than a gun fight. I suggest with such great odds of death by car you figure out how to work at home and bolt your doors.

I sued to work for a company that was like that. Our uniform was not conducive to on the body, so I carried mine in a soft briefcase (Army helmet bag) which held my paperwork and lunch in it. It was a risk, but I don't talk about carrying, so the question never came up and my bag did not get searched.

Back
Top Bottom