Can you legally carry on the job at non permissive workplace?

I CARRY A 19 GLOCK WITH ME AT ALL TIMES AND ONLY PEOPLE I WORK WITH KNOW ! IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU CARRY, WHERE AND HOW. DONT GO SHOWING IT OFF AND TELLING PEOPLE !

For the life of me, I cannot see how you carry undetected in business casual attire...except maybe, and I stress maybe, an ankle holster.
Pocket 380. Did it for years and never got caught. Not my first choice for carry but it does have it's place.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My sarcasm font button is sticking...apologies.

The "sovereign citizen" guys talk about "expatriating" themselves. Basically they do not see themselves as citizens of the country in which they live and only hold themselves to what they would see as common law. It's a whole thing...looney tunes, mostly. They claim to not have to pay taxes or basically follow any federal or state law. I was attempting to be humourous and in doing so, failed.

Sounds like “undocumented immigrants “

I CARRY A 19 GLOCK WITH ME AT ALL TIMES AND ONLY PEOPLE I WORK WITH KNOW ! IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU CARRY, WHERE AND HOW. DONT GO SHOWING IT OFF AND TELLING PEOPLE !

Apparently you don’t work with anyone who would mention it to another co worker or management

I hate that the perps can sue you. We alllll know they are in the wrong and they know it too, and the persecutor knows it as well. But:noidea:

I could be wrong but I thought GA was like FL, where you can't be sued in civil court iof you are cleared or not charged in criminal court.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but back around 08 when Georgia Carry got so much passed it became illegal for employers to have such policies. They can prohibit carry in the building, but they have no right to restrict my right to protect myself on the way to and from work.

I worked at Home Depot at the time and the company had to ammend its "no weapons on property" policy after the law passed.

The way I understand it is that they can restrict it if it's on property owned by the company. I found the quote below here: https://www.jacksonlewis.com/resour...vate-premises-despite-new-guns-everywhere-law

Despite the new law, Georgia employers still may prohibit possession of firearms on their premises as long as the employer is the property owner or has legal control of the property. The law does not restrict “property owners or persons in legal control of private property through a lease, rental agreement, licensing agreement, contract, or any other agreement to control access to the private property” — such persons may continue to bar firearms from their property.

In addition, employers who own their employee parking lots can exercise the rights of property owners. Under the 2008 “Parking Lot Bill,” any employer that owns property on which employees park their vehicles may restrict access to their property as a property owner. Such an employer also may search employees or guests in a lawful manner. Employers that do not own their employee parking lots may search employee vehicles for weapons under certain circumstances. Moreover, employers have the right to prohibit employees who have completed a disciplinary action, or have one pending, from bringing a concealed weapon onto company property.

I could be wrong but I thought GA was like FL, where you can't be sued in civil court iof you are cleared or not charged in criminal court.
I’m not 100% on the laws but there was a case quite a while ago now that I remember where someone broke into a house “Home Alone” style and got cut up pretty bad while breaking through a window and sued the homeowner. I can’t remember the outcome of the case and I hope it was thrown out, but it’s just silly to think that it could happen like that.

Are you sure? I work on airplanes at the Airport

Positive. Unless you are union and Except for federally protected classes, you can be fired for any reason -one day the boss can decide to fire all the left handed employees, Course he would never do that because all the brain power would be gone.

Of course, if today you are in touch with your feminine side, and you feel threatened, you might be able to shoestring that into a federal case.

Back
Top Bottom