• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can't choose your family

xlr8ngn

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
44   0
Reaction score
Anyone care to share about a family member they have cut off all communication with? I have a sibling that can't find a job with a search warrant, and literally quits jobs he does land within a few weeks to months due to a laundry list of reasons. There's decades of begging for money (not help) from everyone he knows, constantly playing the victim, zero accountability, pawned everything he ever had with intentions of getting it back, and the last straw is actually stole money from my elderly mom (of course with intentions of paying it back). I have finally had enough as it is truly affecting me and my peace. I don't feel good about it at all, but he makes me feel completely negative with every interaction, and any help I ever gave never actually helped him. I'm curious in the long run (say 2-5 years), how did it turn out for you personally, and the one cut off?

giphy-downsized.gif

My wife has three stepsisters she was royally screwed over by. All stemming from the death of her father and later mother. She had everything taken by these unethical immoral people. She has had to completely cut them out of her thought process just to stay sane.
The first one we'll call angie, may or may not be her real name. She is an evil self-centered woman that took everything from my wife, including her childhood pictures. My wife used to travel with her grandfather and grandmother around the USA when she was a young girl. They would routinely pick her up from the hell of her stepmother and take her on these long trips where she made a book of each trip. They were filled with photos and mementos of the trips. So, when her stepmom dies, angie locked up the house and kept everything as if it was hers, she has gone to far as to claim she was the child on those trips! She never went on one. I could go on and on, there's so much more.
The latest is by her two stepsisters on her mom's side of things. So her mom is married to a really nice guy named Frank. Frank has two daughters one of which owns some Pilipino restaurant in the ATL. So, my wife's mom dies about a year ago. We get a call from Frank's daughters and a lovely text of how they want to honor the love of the "relationship" and move forward together with my wife and her sister to get everything into their names and split everything equitable. Then suddenly there is radio silence, can't even call Frank as they cut his phone off and gave him a new one. We then notice the house is now in the name of the two stepsisters and anything and everything my wife was hoping for is a distant dream now. This includes photos and mementos her mother had saved for 40 plus years. I wish I could post the letter these girls sent my wife and sis in law. They did a complete 180 and showed their true colors. I hope the two of them and angie choke on any monetary benefit they got at the expense of my wife. And she doesn't care about any money, she just wanted the things that can never be replaced.

At some point you just have to take care of yourself. It is what it is. People like that will pull the whole world down with them if they could. Some people you just can't help. Don't worry about him, it's not you're responsibility. I'm all for helping people, but most just want a handout. Not actual help

Back
Top Bottom