• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carbon Fiber AR-15?

It's not a club or a battering ram, but they're decent shooters from what I've seen and heard. I'm speaking of the Carbon15. Don't know about any others.
I know a guy who has carried a bushy Carbon 15 pistol as his truck gun for years, said it's never given him problems. I've never owned one either but he pulled it out his backpack sure as s*** old fat handguard carbon 15 lol I actually kind of like the Carbon 15 9mm pistol....
IMG_4643.JPG

IMG_4644.PNG

Old news. Another guy already pointed this out.

Are you giving the carbon AR's your seal of approval? I've never had or shot one. I cant really say I'm all that intrigued to save $30 either though? That was my point.
They have their place in the market, but they are not for me.

I personally have a Bushmaster Carbon15. Had it for a while now, years and years. Honestly I don't shoot it very often, probably put 500 rounds thru it in it's life but it's performed flawlessly every time I pulled the trigger. I probably shot 3 or 400 before I cleaned it. The biggest concern to me was the take downs. I might be weird but I just feel like the removing and inserting of the takedown pins will enlarge the holes. It hasn't been the case yet but then again I've only taken it down 3 times and don't get it out of the safe much.

I definitely wouldn't pay more or buy it strictly for weight savings. I can build a top quality rifle with nearly similar weight specs. I just like trying different stuff sometimes I guess.

Back
Top Bottom