• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Carry Permit - Felon

I believe you are on the right track with the completion of FOA, but I think what you are saying is more geared towards misedemeanor crimes. Even completed FOA for FELONY charges will show up on a criminal justice run RAP SHEET. They never go away unless expunged.

And as far as Juvenile records, if you are charged as a juvenile with misdemanor crimes people will never know. If you are charged with a felony as a juvenile your criminal history begins.

When you get arrested and fingerprinted you will be issued a finger print ID number by the state and feds. So if you get arrested as an adult and were charged with a felony as a juvenile, when your criminal history is run those state & fed issued numbers show up, and thats how law enforcement knows you were a delinquent. And if you are charged as adult, while a juvenile it will not go away. Your criminal record will be handled as an adults.

I went to my police HQ and ran a criminal background, it was a "RAP" sheet that was shown to me. I did it twice, once when I didn't get my background updated which showed the FOA, the second time was when I contacted GCIC to update my background and surely the rap sheet came back as "No record"

I thought FOA requires 5 years of waiting period for permit or renewal? I know for a fact drug FOA is a little harder in GA.

Well for a fact, I talked to two NICS examiner and both states that if its a DRUG felony first Offender act, it requires ONE year after discharge to beable to pass background for firearm purchase.

I went to my police HQ and ran a criminal background, it was a "RAP" sheet that was shown to me. I did it twice, once when I didn't get my background updated which showed the FOA, the second time was when I contacted GCIC to update my background and surely the rap sheet came back as "No record"

I don't know if it will show up on your copy once it is completed. It usually does through the criminal justice code, thats really about the only way to track and see if one has used it before since counties don't have any other real way of tracking it.

I don't know if it will show up on your copy once it is completed. It usually does through the criminal justice code, thats really about the only way to track and see if one has used it before since counties don't have any other real way of tracking it.

Well I still have my old background check and it did show FOA but I completed it and got GCIC to update my record and now it shows no Record.

What information you get on a history is based on what "purpose" code is entered when obtaining the history. If I remember correctly you would probably have went under code "E" which does not show completed. Do you still have your, and if so what code does it show it being run under?

My purpose code was E.

Is there a way to run the F code? I want to see what they entered under my record for my FOA.

Boo that's useless. Oh well I get a letter from NICS sometime next month, I will update on if FOA Felony affects firearm purchases.

Back
Top Bottom