• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

carrying in car without permit

PLEASE get some way to lock up your weapon if you're gonna leave it in the car.
The last thing we need is another armed thief.
I saw a surveillance video last week of a Thug pointing a gun at the front door of a home in case someone came out, while his buddy broke into the cars in the driveway. They speculated the gun was taken from a car in the same neighborhood several days earlier. I was alarmed and that **** was scary.
We also don't need any more of the famous "My gun got stolen out of my car Boo Hoo Hoo" threads.

If you want to carry in your car then more power to you, just please secure your weapon if you aren't gonna take it with you and wear it. a cable lock or vault box can be had for under $20
Thanks

Get a GWL if you are going to "car carry" regularly.
Sometimes you may drive to a place, a parking lot of a certain kind of facility, where having the GWL makes a difference. Even if the weapon never leaves your car.

OK so I got from Georgia carry.org that I can carry in my car without a permit, but can it be concealed or does it need to be open, my permit is currently expired and its almost impossible with my schedule at the moment to get to the courthouse before they close. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Do not have the weapon concealed on your body, if you step out of your vehicle onto public property.

NY is worse than that. Try to get a permit to even buy a pistol. GLWS. It takes 6 months and you have to give handies to the judge and sheriff.

I got my NYS CCW permit in 1978...still valid...own property-pay NY taxes. :(
Took me 8 months even back then and still had to interview with local PD chief.
Only good thing about a NY permit...no renewal...no expiration.
Bad thing though...every handgun you own has to be registered on the back of the permit.

I got my NYS CCW permit in 1978...still valid...own property-pay NY taxes. :(
Took me 8 months even back then and still had to interview with local PD chief.
Only good thing about a NY permit...no renewal...no expiration.
Bad thing though...every handgun you own has to be registered on the back of the permit.
What happens when you run out of space on the back of the card?

That last answer in what you copied from GA Carry is incorrect.

"Q: Can I carry a handgun openly, without concealing it?
A:
No! Georgia is one of the minority of states that requires a Georgia Weapons License to carry a handgun openly outside of your home, car, or place of business. However, any person with a valid hunting or fishing license on his or her person, or any person not required by law to have a hunting or fishing license, who is engaged in legal hunting, fishing, or sport shooting when the person has the permission of the owner of the land on which the activities are being conducted may have or carry on his or her person a handgun or long gun without a valid weapons carry license while hunting, fishing, or engaging in sport shooting."

I am emailing Jerry at GA Carry to alert him.
What is incorrect about that answer?

With the number of people who have bowed to the state (over three quarters of a million) we could have CC if we wanted. But people can't be bothered and would rather pay for their permission. There was an active bill that would have allowed CC last session, yet GCO came out opposed for the most absurd reason. It's more about egos and power than money.

i can't tell you how many people i've talked to who have the attitude "i got mine, everyone else should get theirs" or you should have to go through a check to be able to carry (as if criminals get background checks before carrying) or i'm in law enforcement, i don't want just anybody carrying, etc.....once again, we are doing it to ourselves...

With the number of people who have bowed to the state (over three quarters of a million) we could have CC if we wanted. But people can't be bothered and would rather pay for their permission. There was an active bill that would have allowed CC last session, yet GCO came out opposed for the most absurd reason. It's more about egos and power than money.

cc has been up for several sessions, the liberal republican speaker of the house will not bring it to the floor for a vote...and considering the $60,000,000+ those gwl's brought in, it certainly is about the money...and you are right, gco comes up with absurd excuses all the time for not supporting pro-gun legislation and it is about egos...

Back
Top Bottom