• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

carrying in car without permit

stormtrooper

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
60   0
Reaction score
OK so I got from Georgia carry.org that I can carry in my car without a permit, but can it be concealed or does it need to be open, my permit is currently expired and its almost impossible with my schedule at the moment to get to the courthouse before they close. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I would call the local sheriff and ask them. I received a ticket for having my pistol concealed in my car without a permit a few years back. The officer was nice enough to tell me how and where to go and get my CCW. I had it the next week

I would call the local sheriff and ask them. I received a ticket for having my pistol concealed in my car without a permit a few years back. The officer was nice enough to tell me how and where to go and get my CCW. I had it the next week

how few years? because the current law is that your car is an extension of your house...you may carry anywhere in your car including on your person, open or concealed, loaded or unloaded, etc.

The law has changed. As has been stated, your car = your house. No government permission slip is needed to exercise your 2A rights in those two places at least.

Back
Top Bottom