• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carrying on an empty chamber?

Do you carry on an empty chamber?

• Total voters
The Truth About ‘Israeli Carry’
Israeli Carry pre-dates Israel. Empty-chamber carry was adopted and popularized by legendary close-quarters-combat self-defense instructor W. E. Fairbairn. Firearms instructor Fairbairn considered the relative frequency of administrative [gun] handling vs. gunfighting and declared chamberless carry to be the best method, with the highest gun safety, for people with limited training.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/truth-israeli-carry/

Israeli carry

A0171FBD-7F2A-4BA1-AE0F-6062BB8EDDF6.jpeg

I carry a USP at times which meets your criteria

As I have stated before I couldn’t change if I wanted to - if I drew my pistol out with one in the chamber the first thing I would do is rack the slide on the draw and throw one out on the floor

Since the consensus is I’m already one round down by not having one in the chamber that would put me two rounds down

So no probably not

1...scared to carry ready
2...made bad habits muscle memory
3...math

So has anyone ever had an accidental discharge with an empty chamber ?

Not just here have you ever heard of it ?

So I am to understand it would be irrational and illogical consider that as a possibility with one in the pipe ?

Interesting

I would think that it would be irrational and illogical to think that it not be a possibility

THEN there’s the aspect of an assailant grabbing your unchambered weapon and you being the only one with that knowledge for what might be enough time to react

Seems rational and logical to me

Can anyone honestly say that those are irrational thoughts to consider ?

I’ve never claimed that it’s irrational or illogical to carry one in the chamber - I can see where that is viable

I’ve only pointed out where the alternative can work & what I see as its advantages

Thoughts that have bounced around an echo chamber to no avail

If you afeared of a discharge on one in the pipe then you don’t need to be handling a weapon. First off Assailant should NEVER get your weapon. If you had one in the pipe you could’ve shot him. I have seen some QUICK men draw and wrack but not fast enough. Point also brought up about one arm, CQC. All valid points. If you feel like you really are safer more power to ya.

So has anyone ever had an accidental discharge with an empty chamber ?

Not just here have you ever heard of it ?

So I am to understand it would be irrational and illogical consider that as a possibility with one in the pipe ?

Interesting

I would think that it would be irrational and illogical to think that it not be a possibility

THEN there’s the aspect of an assailant grabbing your unchambered weapon and you being the only one with that knowledge for what might be enough time to react

Seems rational and logical to me

Can anyone honestly say that those are irrational thoughts to consider ?

I’ve never claimed that it’s irrational or illogical to carry one in the chamber - I can see where that is viable

I’ve only pointed out where the alternative can work & what I see as its advantages

Thoughts that have bounced around an echo chamber to no avail
I've seen numerous videos of guys with no rounds in the chamber get shot because they weren't fast enough. Sooooo there's that. Just pointing out the small % of mishaps from lack of "training" which you have said can make you better at something. But the one point you get hung up on is easily fixed. No round in the chamber is too by just putting on in and keeping your finger off the trigger till your ready to fire.

39 pages now and still absolutely no logical reason not to have a round in chamber. And before you say im not reading I said LOGICAL reason.

If you afeared of a discharge on one in the pipe then you don’t need to be handling a weapon. First off Assailant should NEVER get your weapon. If you had one in the pipe you could’ve shot him. I have seen some QUICK men draw and wrack but not fast enough. Point also brought up about one arm, CQC. All valid points. If you feel like you really are safer more power to ya.
allamericaninfidel allamericaninfidel what if the bad guy steals your gun and is a pro at racking a slide like you, then what?

Back
Top Bottom