• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carrying on an empty chamber?

Do you carry on an empty chamber?

• Total voters
So has anyone ever had an accidental discharge with an empty chamber ?

Not just here have you ever heard of it ?

So I am to understand it would be irrational and illogical consider that as a possibility with one in the pipe ?

Interesting

I would think that it would be irrational and illogical to think that it not be a possibility

THEN there’s the aspect of an assailant grabbing your unchambered weapon and you being the only one with that knowledge for what might be enough time to react

Seems rational and logical to me

Can anyone honestly say that those are irrational thoughts to consider ?

I’ve never claimed that it’s irrational or illogical to carry one in the chamber - I can see where that is viable

I’ve only pointed out where the alternative can work & what I see as its advantages

Thoughts that have bounced around an echo chamber to no avail

This is what has worked for me for 60+ years of carry.
I do what I want, and everyone else can do what they want, and the only person’s method I care about is my own.

iu

If you afeared of a discharge on one in the pipe then you don’t need to be handling a weapon. First off Assailant should NEVER get your weapon. If you had one in the pipe you could’ve shot him. I have seen some QUICK men draw and wrack but not fast enough. Point also brought up about one arm, CQC. All valid points. If you feel like you really are safer more power to ya.

So is that a “no” on anyone shooting them self on empty chamber ?

Do you realize they’re called “accidents” and not “on purposes” for a reason right ?

& I wouldn’t call it fear I would call it respect - Something I would’ve hoped everyone would have and be able to identify

As far as losing your weapon to an assailant apparently you’ve never considered being blindsided or attacked from behind ? Jumped by a passerby‘s ? Ambushed ? The knock out game ?

As far as this being fast goes - y’all do realize that there’s always someone faster regardless of your one on the pipe

A preparation that may never come to fruition for the positive but is statistically more likely to result in a negative

Back
Top Bottom