• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carrying on an empty chamber?

Do you carry on an empty chamber?

• Total voters
Do I need to go get the videos of all the Gun guys that shot their self ?
Well those video's seem to be in a training situation and not an a protection situation. Plenty of videos of guys in defensive situation who carry chamberless and forget to rack the slide or short stroke the gun. The only argument you made is for then ND when there are several arguments against chamberless carry. But again your irrational fear of an ND could happen to you in a single handed slide racking situation, or when you go to rear hoslter. So if anything it adds another flaw to chamberless carry.

So has anyone ever had an accidental discharge with an empty chamber ?

Not just here have you ever heard of it ?

So I am to understand it would be irrational and illogical consider that as a possibility with one in the pipe ?

Interesting

I would think that it would be irrational and illogical to think that it not be a possibility

THEN there’s the aspect of an assailant grabbing your unchambered weapon and you being the only one with that knowledge for what might be enough time to react

Seems rational and logical to me

Can anyone honestly say that those are irrational thoughts to consider ?

I’ve never claimed that it’s irrational or illogical to carry one in the chamber - I can see where that is viable

I’ve only pointed out where the alternative can work & what I see as its advantages

Thoughts that have bounced around an echo chamber to no avail
You keep bringing up this single point and if that's the only problem ill still run one in the chamber. Because i have the confidence and skill not to shoot myself in the leg while holding a loaded firearm. I don't fear my firearm and cover up thay fear with the term "respect".

But.... but...
Today is another day.
Post that puppy up!
You mean this puppy?
20191124_092128.jpg

I keep every firearm I have loaded but none in the chamber. Including my edc which usually lives in the car( yeah yeah asking for it to be stolen). There are no children in my house and I keep them without a round in the chamber simply because I feel safer knowing it can't go bang until I want it to go bang. But whenever it is being carried on my person it has one in the chamber ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom