• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

case bulge on .45acp

Eglock86,
I have two suggestions. One is the Lee factory crimp die ($20 from Midway.com) has in its design a carbide sizing ring to insure your loads are within maximum specification. If your bulge is coming from a bullet seating issue, this should take care of it. Two is the bulge buster kit from LEE. (about $18.00 from Midway.com) I have used this kit on 45 Auto with great success. I think it requires the Lee factory crimp die. The idea being that some sizing dies leave a portion of the straight wall case untouched, and the case eventually stretches and bulges (lower base bulge). I have even run loaded cartridges through the full length feed through bulge buster. I now run all my .45 cases through the bulge buster...and I don't have issues with failure to feed. I think they make this kit for about any common straight walled pistol case. Enjoy the process.
Regards,
Pete (mishoprat) GA 30230

From the pics, Id suggest adjusting the sizing/decap die a bit deeper. The turret presses have a bit of slop vertically when the press is used and initial die adjustments are often then not quite enough,

Back
Top Bottom