• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cats that grow up to be assholes

Cats are difficult. My wife and I have some friends that have had 4 cats. 3 have been very good. The owner has MS. I wonder if it's the docile environment, but she's been blessed with some good feline friends

If indoor, declaw the front claws. Love on them and play when they are kittens and you should be fine.
I disagree, no need to maim a cat by declawing.
Be like cutting off 1st joint of each finger of a human
to prevent them from chewing their nails.
In the past I've had best results when I get 2 siblings
from the same litter so they grow up playing with each other.
Simple toys like a ping pong ball or a heavy shoe lace.
Even a sheet of newspaper on the floor (or paper bag)
can peak their curiosity. Cut a corner off the bag and it
won't be long before a paw comes out trying to grab
something. Drag the shoelace thru the hole should get
'em jumpstarted. Right now have a ginger male cat that
used to live around the block. He'd join us when I'd be
walking Otis (dog in pic) and go as far as we did. Finally
followed us home & moved in. Way they act you'd think
they grew up together. Helps to have a cat around to keep
the dogs in line. He's pretty independant as all cats are.
Dogs more sociable since they're pack animals by nature.
Few funny characteristics of this cat are that he won't drink
from water bowl after Otis. He'll sit by water bowl until I fill it
with fresh water. When he's ready to go out, even if backdoor
is open, 90% of the time he'll want me to open the carport door.
He'll circle around to come in the back but seldom chooses to
go out the back. With that mindset, maybe reason I started calling
him BH short for Boss Hogg.

The de clawing happens as kittens under anesthesia, kinda like your missing foreskin.

No torn up furniture, and as indoor only cats really makes life easy.

We had a black cat named Jinx that was the greatest cat. We picked her up from a shelter and she was very loveable and would come if you shook the treat bag. One day she goto her paw caught in the blinds pull cord, and in my haste I just reached out and got her unstuck. She bit and clawed me so bad I had to go to the ER and ended up with some nerve damage in my left hand. It wasn't her fault, it was mine. Then 2 weeks later she went straight up to my oldest and clawed him in the face unprovoked. A half inch to the right and it would have clawed his eye. Took her to a no kill shelter that afternoon and cried grown man tears. That was over a year ago and I still get choked up when I think about her, but after her paw got stuck that day something switched in her head and she became unpredictable and aggressive.

We have had cats and dogs both over the last 23yrs. Get a male and get it neutered. We had 6 cats and all were male except one. The best of the bunch was a male that would curl in your lap for hours if you let him. The female cat is a bitch with an attitude and all the females we ever had were the same. Most of ours are mutts that either walked up to my home because they were dumped or we adopted from the local shelter.

I currently have a male cat, 2 female cats and a female beagle. the beagle is by FAR the worst behaved. all the cats "hang out" with her, but only the biggest female likes her. all my cats are very cuddly...assholes. LOL, but they are awesome. when the male croaks, i am going to get a pair of litter mates. he is currently 17 and in very good shape...like still jumps, eats, terrorizes the dog...

get A LOT of cat towers and **** they can scratch. do NOT declaw. Start clipping their claws when they are TINY. they will get used to it. I sit my cats in my lap and clip claws with 0 beef from the cats. the beagle goes to the vet to get her nails done...she ****ing bites.

Back
Top Bottom