• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CC of 1911

Kanga

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
13   0
Reaction score
So I've gotton more comfortable shooting my compact 1911 and want to start carrying it conceled as my everyday carry. However I can't seem to find a spot that it does not print horribly. I have tried two different holsters I own in several different spots and in everyone of them its pretty obvious that I'm carrying. So the question I'd like to ask is is a compact 1911 just not a very good CC peice? Do I just have crappy holsters? Am I just to small to conceal it( I'm 5'3 on a good day :p)? My little snubby Rhino I have I can conceal all day with no printing issues. As I said earlier it is a compact 3.5 in barrel so its not like I'm expecting to CC a full size with no issues. Any insite would be great.

My best guess is that maybe you're a bit too paranoid about printing. My gf CC a glock 19 which is considerably bigger than a 3.5 inch 1911. Unless you're printing REALLY bad then pretty much nobody will notice except other CC'ers who look for that kind of stuff.

Maybe you could post a pic of you in your set up and we could see if it really is that obvious. Just a thought.

Might need to change your carry method, I know once my gwl or whatever comes in, I'm not gonna be able to carry on my side without printing.

Yeah the printing just might not be that obvious. Its probably that I'm used to the Rhino which in the holster sits much lower thus ITW carrying it sits much lower aswell thus prints less.

Yeah the printing just might not be that obvious. Its probably that I'm used to the Rhino which in the holster sits much lower thus ITW carrying it sits much lower aswell thus prints less.

Post a pic of your shirt covering it with the gun at 4 o clock. No need to show your face if you're uncomfortable, but I doubt it's printing as bad as you think. Anytime you step up to a bigger gun there's always a "I bet everyone knows I'm carrying" paranoia for me when it usually isn't that bad.

1911s are some of the most concealable big bore pistols out there, hence their popularity as a ccw. I can conceal a commander size 1911 much easier than a Glock 23. You need a holster that will press the gun flat against your body. A milt sparks style or crossbreed style works best for this. If you can't conceal a compact 1911, or if you're just that paranoid about printing, you may as well get a keltec or LCP.

1911s are some of the most concealable big bore pistols out there, hence their popularity as a ccw. I can conceal a commander size 1911 much easier than a Glock 23. You need a holster that will press the gun flat against your body. A milt sparks style or crossbreed style works best for this. If you can't conceal a compact 1911, or if you're just that paranoid about printing, you may as well get a keltec or LCP.

I wasn't going to name drop :lol: but Milt Sparks makes some of the best gun leather out there.

I wasn't going to name drop :lol: but Milt Sparks makes some of the best gun leather out there.

For sure, but the wait times are insane. Perhaps a few years ago it was worth the wait, but there are many fine holster makers around now making that design. Most of the good ones have wait times in the weeks, but 10+ months is ridiculous. Kelley Gun Leather does beautiful work and uses top quality leather. That design and the crossbreed frankenholster design both work very, very well IMO.

It's all a mater of how you feel. I conceal carry 80% of the time, open carry the rest. When you overcome the concern/fear of open carry, printing no longer becomes an issue.

Back
Top Bottom