• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CC of 1911

I will post a picture once I get home from work. I'm carrying my Rhino ATM. Also the holsters I have I will admit are pretty bad. Some no name IWB holster someone on the forums gave me and a Remora holster. I do agree its most likely me just being paranoid about printing. Another member and I put together a book press this weekend since I managed to score some Kydex sheeting from work for free. The hope is to make some holsters but in the mean time anyone else got some other holster recommendations preferably cheaper than the Milt Sparks ones. I'd prefer more of the $50 range than the $100. I also hope holster wait times are not close to the other fire arm item wait times :D . Thanks for the input guys it's much appreciated.

All leather Sparks style are $100 minimum. If you don't mind hybrid style kydex/leather checkout Old Faithful Holsters or Theis Holsters.

I will post a picture once I get home from work. I'm carrying my Rhino ATM. Also the holsters I have I will admit are pretty bad. Some no name IWB holster someone on the forums gave me and a Remora holster. I do agree its most likely me just being paranoid about printing. Another member and I put together a book press this weekend since I managed to score some Kydex sheeting from work for free. The hope is to make some holsters but in the mean time anyone else got some other holster recommendations preferably cheaper than the Milt Sparks ones. I'd prefer more of the $50 range than the $100. I also hope holster wait times are not close to the other fire arm item wait times :D . Thanks for the input guys it's much appreciated.
I understand what you're saying, regarding cost, but in the area of holsters, you really do get what you pay for....there's a reason Fobus paddle holsters are $30 and Bladetech's are $100. Don't cheap out...you'll regret it.

I would suggest you are probably just not used to feeling the grip and weight of the weapon in your current carry location therefore you're paranoid about printing. Unless you're carrying OWB at 3:00, then just about anything would print.

I carry my WC CQB compact 1911 daily in a Comptac MTAC IWB holster at 4:00. The Comptac is a leather/Kydex combo. It's has 2 loops for stability and spreads out the weight very evenly. It can be used with a tucked in shirt or untucked. It has tension screws to adjust the retention of the weapon.

The design of the holster allows for the user to control the depth and cant of the carry and the use of the Kydex allows for a thinner holster that keeps the firearm close to the body to reduce printing and allows for 1 handed re-holstering.

You can get them used around $40-50. Worth every penny IMO.

i ccw a full size 1911 with a rail. but i use a crossbread iwb holster and have little to no issues with printing. then again im 6'4" and 300lbs lol
a good holster and belt will make all the difference in the world. i get all my tshirts in longs and it covers up nice

Ken Null Undercover Special (UNS)

i43.photobucket.com_albums_e364_silvergto_Colt.jpg

http://www.klnullholsters.com/

Less is more.

Versa-carry.

3:30 position canted forward. Works great for me. I'm 5'8" on a good day. Do not choose this method of carry if you have a need to re-holster. The whole thing has to come out for that. I always figured if I had to pull it, the next stop for the gun would be a police evidence locker. I hope and pray I never find out.

Good luck in your search.

Just suck it up and wait until I get out of the hospital and we will see if we can make something out of the kydex that will work better for you. I'm thinking we will be home on Wednesday so we are still a go for all the projects this weekend. This is all assuming, of course, that Ash lets me and the boys aren't unruly with the baby at the house.

Worst case scenario is you come over and work on it by yourself.

My suggestion to you is to just play around with positions and get an idea in your mind what you think will work and feel best so we have some plans this weekend.

kelly gunleather IWB will hide it at 4 oclock...like the others said, you might just be paranoid about printing. most people wont notice it and those that do are likely like minded folks.

Back
Top Bottom