• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CCW at The Alamo Steakhouse

"SMART THING" is a relative comment - it's relative to their opinion of what 'smart' is. I don't see any tactical advantage to losing the element of surprise...IMHO, decisions have consequences (regardless of your personal reasons for making them)...nobody is forcing them, they can still open carry, they just have to be prepared to live with the consequences...
You see no loss of an advantage of someone not knowing you are armed?

ok how about this.. Guy cases a McDonalds to kill everyone. he's 4 people in line behind a guy packing openly. Who is his first target? The armed man giving his order and distracted or the 5 year old eating a happy meal?

It's relatively smart not to play hacky sack in the middle Atlanta traffic on I75 at lunch time.

You see no loss of an advantage of someone not knowing you are armed?

ok how about this.. Guy cases a McDonalds to kill everyone. he's 4 people in line behind a guy packing openly. Who is his first target? The armed man giving his order and distracted or the 5 year old eating a happy meal?
Exactly my point, as I stated above "I don't see any tactical advantage to LOSING the element of surprise" . How can it be beneficial to let everyone know what you're carrying and what your potential capabilities are?

the six shooters on the walls probably don't work there, are deactivated or are prop types, the older revolvers were not the easiest to work on and much of them don't function right nowadays

I kinda thought we were saying the same thing. To each his own...I just prefer to take every possible advantage that I have available, to include the element of surprise...
Same. I don't get to train much and I consider my accuracy acceptable but nothing to write home about. So any advantage I can get is helpful. Painting a target on myself that says pick me first would not help my situation.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic or naive, but I think these signs are more pointed towards the dip****s walking around with AR's making a scene and trying to get attention. Disrupting business. Like everyone is saying, its better for everyone when bad guys have to wonder who may be carrying.

"No Weapon" signs are just another way of saying victims here.

browse youtube for idiots pushing the limits of their rights.
just cause you can do something doesn't me you should.

Back
Top Bottom