• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CCW at The Alamo Steakhouse

local businesses cannot make legislation denying your CCW privileges (not rights), but can only request you not carry on their premises. They can not have you arrested because you are not breaking any law, they can only ask you to leave . Their insurance companies and accountants are pushing this to appease the Snowflakes and paranoia crowd, who also spend money in their establishments.

Which I believe is true for GA, and possibly many other places, but different states have different laws. Always worth checking when you go out of state.

Didn't Tenn. pass a law that made the business owners legally responsible for your safety, if they didn't allow firearms on the premises?

It's their rule and you had three choices, open carry and enter, carried concealed and they won't know, or don't go in..I don't advertise carrying for one reason, I don't want to be the target, by advertising I am armed..Just my 2 Cents.
Agreed and agreed. Concealed is concealed, IMHO, asking for permission to carry is like asking for permission to protect myself and my family...my real obligation is to make sure that my weapon is adequately concealed, accessible, and not printing (as well as the responsibilities of carrying a weapon, e.g., weapon safety, target acquisition, round placement, etc., etc.).

Agreed and agreed. Concealed is concealed, IMHO, asking for permission to carry is like asking for permission to protect myself and my family...my real obligation is to make sure that my weapon is adequately concealed, accessible, and not printing (as well as the responsibilities of carrying a weapon, e.g., weapon safety, target acquisition, round placement, etc., etc.).
Partially agree. While I would never open carry. Some people feel the need to advertise their pistola. Should these people that want to take thier tactical advantage away be forced to do the smart thing?

Partially agree. While I would never open carry. Some people feel the need to advertise their pistola. Should these people that want to take thier tactical advantage away be forced to do the smart thing?
"SMART THING" is a relative comment - it's relative to their opinion of what 'smart' is. I don't see any tactical advantage to losing the element of surprise...IMHO, decisions have consequences (regardless of your personal reasons for making them)...nobody is forcing them, they can still open carry, they just have to be prepared to live with the consequences...

Any area/building/property posted with a notice per T.C.A. § 39-17-1359.[1]

T.C.A. § 39-17-1359[1] Notice of the prohibition shall be displayed in prominent locations, including all entrances primarily used by persons entering the property, building, or portion of the property or building where weapon possession is prohibited. Either form of notice used shall be of a size that is plainly visible to the average person entering the building, property, or portion of the building or property, posted. The code says the sign must be the international circle and slash symbolizing the prohibition of the item within the circle or the sign must contain wording in English that is "substantially similar" to that used in the code; substantially similar being defined as such: The property is posted under authority of Tennessee law; Weapons or firearms are prohibited on the property, in the building, or on the portion of the property or building that is posted; and Possessing a weapon in an area that has been posted is a criminal offense. See TN AG Opinion No 07-43.[7] Notwithstanding T.C.A. § 39-17-1359,[1] vehicle transportation of a loaded firearm is allowed under T.C.A. § 39-17-1313[1] as long as the firearm is secured in the handgun carry permit holder's privately owned vehicle and is not visible to "ordinary observation".

Insurance reasons exist for the sign being put up, If someone gets shot not in the business then the owner can point to the sign stating that they tried to keep the firearms out

Back
Top Bottom