• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Century C308 - Opinions please

I added a new extractor and a German trigger pack for roughly $150, it made my gun amazing. The CETME surplus parts Century adds are worn out garbage. For what its worth PTR makes the barrel and receiver for the C308 and provides customer service for them. Im happy with mine in its current state and feel I have a quality rifle for less than a PTR GI would have cost. If you dont plan on tinkering with it to get the most out of it, get a PTR.

The new production C308's are good to go. PTR is in the mix with them (Century) now so they are much better guns then the earlier C308's which are out there.

I did also add +2 rollers to mine as the bolt gap from the factory was slightly below min spec. That is something good to check on any roller lock rifle, PTR or C308.

The PTR is certainly a nicer rifle, without a doubt. The C308 I picked up over the summer was a good value though. It cost me half what my PTR but is better than half a PTR good.
It needs a paddle release, but everything was in spec. With mags available for $2ish, why not?

I added a new extractor and a German trigger pack for roughly $150, it made my gun amazing. The CETME surplus parts Century adds are worn out garbage. For what its worth PTR makes the barrel and receiver for the C308 and provides customer service for them. Im happy with mine in its current state and feel I have a quality rifle for less than a PTR GI would have cost. If you dont plan on tinkering with it to get the most out of it, get a PTR.
I enjoy tinkering with my guns to make them better, smoothing triggers, rails, etc. If I replace the trigger pack as you did I'm still under $700. Seems worth the effort to take a chance on one. If it doesn't work, I'll stipple the pistol grip and sail it on here for $900.

One one huge plus about the c308 is the rail that’s welded on. The sights were way off from the factory, so I just threw a red dot and new brake on it. My PTR would require a claw mount for optics, which is less than ideal.

One one huge plus about the c308 is the rail that’s welded on. The sights were way off from the factory, so I just threw a red dot and new brake on it. My PTR would require a claw mount for optics, which is less than ideal.
Almost all PTR models outside of GI model have welded rail and paddle release now

Back
Top Bottom