• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CETME gunsmith

avmtdan

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Searching for John Galt
123   0
Reaction score
Anyone know of a gunsmith near atlanta that specializes in cetme rifles? I have one that is a bit finicky:

1) Sometimes fte/ftl
2) bolt locks back in receiver
3) buttstock hard to remove
4) hard to charge

Looking to get the reliability up on the firearm and im willing to spend the money to get it done right.

Thanks,

Your best bet is finding someone who knows HKs

DO NOT TAKE IT TO ADVENTURE OUTDOORS!!!!!

Sounds like the receiver is tight on the bolt, another century issue

My two worked great. But some has issues

Also, visit robertrtg.com for parts

No one said you were joking. I am mechanically inclined, as I am a mechanic, but I dont have alot of experience with this type of gun.

Since we are on the topic, list your experience with the rifle, give me an estimate of time and expense, and we can go from there.
Regards,

Iv'e been working playing with guns for 30 years. I don't have experience with that rifle but I have an uncanny ability to solve mechanical issues. I just repaired an AK47 and never laid hands on one before. As I said before they have the same concept but just go about it a different way. The AK I fixed for him All I wanted was reimbursement for the ammo and range time. He wanted do give me 100 dollars and I refused but he wouldn't take no for an answer and I had it three weeks. He was elated to have the gun back in working condition. Something with the Gunsmith in his area did'tn work out. I work on guns like do engines and anything else I repair. First I take down the gun and look for any issues that stand out. Then I do tons of research and go from there. If I break it I pay for it. Plain and simple. I took the AK over to a gunsmith over next to me and he said I had removed to much material off the hammer. WRONG! I didn't take enough off. It had a Tapco G2 trigger and the really sharp angles at the front and rear of the hammer where the bolt ramp charges the hammer. Those sharp angles were causing the bolt to stop dead in its tracks. I rounded off the angles and lapped the bearing surfaces and polished the hammer and bolt ramp and polished all the other metal to metal parts which was probably not needed but it made the gun much smoother to charge and I did a light trigger job for him as well. People these instruments are not that difficult to figure out. It took me 5 minutes to tear down the AK completely and Knew the weapon completely. I build all my own AR's and the last two were 6.8's, notorious for problems. Both gun would not chamber the cartridge. Both problems were with brand new parts from ARP ( one of the more respected 6.8 parts vendor ) and one was from Daniel Defense. In both cases I had to fix the factory screw ups. In all three of the rifles I just told you about didn't need one new part purchased. Sometimes machines are finicky and need messaging and not new parts. All these semi auto guns have three things, gas charging system, bolt carrier group, and fire control group. Just like you start with getting air, fuel, spark in an engine. An engine is a little more complicated than these days that but I diagnose those without a diagnostic analyzer. I can give you names and numbers of guys that will attest to my professional work and attention to detail. I give them back in the same shape or better that I received them. Please PM me for any other information. Or you can call me at 404-437-9592, Greg

A Cetme or an HK91 with a roller lock mechanism is nothing like anything you've described. I have built more AKs than I can count, and I've built my own Cetme from a kit, they are very distinctly different animals. not saying you can't figure out, but they are nothing alike.

those occasionally had an out of line or bent cocking tube that could cause the fte,etc....as far as the buttstock being hard to remove, every hk type i've ever had was like that...i would think the stock would wobble otherwise....every ak i've ever owned or worked on was like that as well

Back
Top Bottom