• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CG&P Arsenal AK's

You realize Jim Fuller directly competes with these guns, right? He's a salesman. Of course he's gonna tell you you need a $2000 AK. I'm just not stupid enough to buy it. People have been killing the **** out of each other for decades with AKs... and they weren't Rifle Dynamics, or exclusively Russian/Bulgarian/Chinese, and they certainly didn't cost $2000 and were built by a supposed craftsman.

Personally I don't have the coin at this point in my life to run the **** out of any gun. I draw from different forums and reviews to form my opinion of a gun, which is the best I can do. It would be silly to only form an opinion on my own... a sample size of 1 is useless.

New WASRs are not "reject parts". They're newly manufactured.

Calling on Jim Fuller to talk in earnest about AKs is like asking BMW their opinion of Toyota Corollas.

Meh, I agree that most AK's work fine, even better than fine, but I won't knock what Jim Fuller is doing. His work is amazing.

I don't have the coin to be shelling out to him either at this point, but if I did, I would.

I seriously doubt if he is concerned with other manufacturers. His business is booming and for good reason.

You'll never convince these people man. They saw a **** WASR 15 years ago and assume that justifies the $1000-$1500 Arsenal today.

I have never seen a **** WASR. I have owned many of them since the early 90's and they work, period. Canted sights, etc., they still work great and hit their targets. I bought one back around '94 and ran the dog **** out of that rifle for 15 years. Now my cousin has that rifle and he runs the dog **** out of it. I have made futile attempts to get it back from him...No dice.

I'm not trying to be abrasive at all. Actually, I completely agree with your reasoning concerning all matters you've spoken about. I'm glad I am not the only one who sees and understands the value of "cheap" AK's.

Sheyet, only problem I've ever had with an AK was with a mak 90. Bolt slammed shut after a round, took a hammer to get it to open. Next mag, firing pin came out completely. That being said, I'm still taking my mak ( a different one ) when shtf...

Yes, it is James Yeager, but the man trains a lot of people and sees millions of rounds fired each year. Here's what he has to say about the WASR. Skip to 0:55...

Yes, it is James Yeager, but the man trains a lot of people and sees millions of rounds fired each year. Here's what he has to say about the WASR. Skip to 0:55...

Generally I'm not anti yeager by any means, but it is hard to listen when he shills for century AKs, that have largely turned out to be crap (cast trunnions). He does know his stuff but he also gets bought on a pretty regular basis. No disagreeing with you, just an observation.

Generally I'm not anti yeager by any means, but it is hard to listen when he shills for century AKs, that have largely turned out to be crap (cast trunnions). He does know his stuff but he also gets bought on a pretty regular basis. No disagreeing with you, just an observation.

I have no idea about his affiliations with Century or anyone else, so I'm sure you're right... I can only speak from my own experience and Century has been good to go with me.

I have a WASR with close to 10k rounds through it. I have trained, carried it in all weathers up the creek and over the mountain. You can make yourself feel better by justifying an expensive purchase and trash the WASR, but I have owned many of them and never had any problems. I cannot say I would have more confidence in any other rifle I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot of rifles. I believe the WASR is the best rifle ever made for the money, but that's my opinion.

10k is barely broken in. Call back when you get to about 300k

You realize Jim Fuller directly competes with these guns, right? He's a salesman. Of course he's gonna tell you you need a $2000 AK. I'm just not stupid enough to buy it. People have been killing the **** out of each other for decades with AKs... and they weren't Rifle Dynamics, or exclusively Russian/Bulgarian/Chinese, and they certainly didn't cost $2000 and were built by a supposed craftsman.

Personally I don't have the coin at this point in my life to run the **** out of any gun. I draw from different forums and reviews to form my opinion of a gun, which is the best I can do. It would be silly to only form an opinion on my own... a sample size of 1 is useless.

New WASRs are not "reject parts". They're newly manufactured.

Calling on Jim Fuller to talk in earnest about AKs is like asking BMW their opinion of Toyota Corollas.

You obviously have never met him or have talked to him and made incorrect assumptions. He has more requests for builds than can be handled for a reason.

I have no idea about his affiliations with Century or anyone else, so I'm sure you're right... I can only speak from my own experience and Century has been good to go with me.
They've been shown to have soft cast trunnions, which in theory will cause longevity problems. I'm not sure how big of an issue it is, but with WASRs being cheaper than an RAS-47, it's enough for me to not consider the Century guns. WASRs may be rough around the edges, but they're old-world quality from a factory that's been doing it a long time. Yeager was slinging the C39V2 and RAS47 for months before they came out on his YouTube channel. It was pretty obvious that he was getting paid since normally he's an Arsenal guy and doesn't care much for Century.

Yeager shills to pay the bills and that's okay. Man's gotta make money. It just makes it hard for me to listen to what he says product-wise. Do as he does, not as he suggests, is the way I handle Yeager. He slings pistols all the time now on his channel, but he's yet to change his EDCs over it. He'll shill for the Century AKs and loan them out for classes, but I guarantee you his personal guns are not Centurys.

Back
Top Bottom