Cheap DPMS EVERYWHERE!

Clarke123

Default rank <4500 posts
Love Them UGA Dogs!
196   0
Reaction score
WAS: Cumming, GA NOW: Punta Gorda, Florida
Everyone has them on-sale!

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/053014.aspx?utm_source=streamsend&utm_medium=email&utm_content=21405697&utm_campaign=DPMS%20Used%20AR15%20A/3%20Carbines%20only%20$449.99%20DELIVERED!

I'm not saying anything bad about DPMS and its products, but the abundance of "hot" deals on any product makes one wonder?!
Before jumping on this (or any deal, anywhere), perhaps one should reflect carefully upon the old saying:

"Buyer Beware: Shoddy merchandise, at any price, is NO Bargain!"

I don't know if it is so much, buyer beware, as it is that they ramped up production. People stopped buying as they became more available and now the prices are having to drop because product is just sitting. Hopefully ammo will start doing the same, you see more of it now sitting on the shelves.

I don't know if it is so much, buyer beware, as it is that they ramped up production. People stopped buying as they became more available and now the prices are having to drop because product is just sitting. Hopefully ammo will start doing the same, you see more of it now sitting on the shelves.

Yes, the "Law of Supply & Demand" may finally kick in .... IF we all do our part and stop hoarding things like buying every box of .22 ammo in sight, when we already have thousands of rounds sitting in our closet!

I don't think it's a "buyer beware" situation. Are DPMS rifles cheap? Usually, yes. Are they bad rifles? Not in my experience.

They definitely don't compare to rifles costing twice as much but I wouldn't knock that oracle as a crappy rifle out of principle. Sure, a lot of the features suck. (But DPMS, dat stock...eewwww!). But for a $500 AR - for someone who can't afford another bill or two to get into a Windham or other mid-tier - it will work out fine for range use and plinking.

I had one for about 6 months - it was my first AR. It gave me the opportunity to try out the rifle genre without too much invested. After I realized that these were gonna be my thing, I sold it and moved up. I had zero issues with it functioning.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a "buyer beware" situation. Are DPMS rifles cheap? Usually, yes. Are they bad rifles? Not in my experience.

They definitely don't compare to rifles costing twice as much but I wouldn't knock that oracle as a crappy rifle out of principle. Sure, a lot of the features suck. (But DPMS, dat stock...eewwww!). But for a $500 AR - for someone who can't afford another bill or two to get into a Windham or other mid-tier - it will work out fine for range use and plinking.

I had one for about 6 months - it was my first AR. It gave me the opportunity to try out the rifle genre without too much invested. After I realized that these were gonna be my thing, I sold it and moved up. In that time, I had zero issues with it.

Thanks for the testimonial ...... While I (like you) desire features that these firearms may not have, your personal experience is certainly appreciated and
Good to Know... it should ease concerns that someone may have that may consider acquiring one at the mark-down prices that we may very well see again!

Back
Top Bottom