• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cheapo Scope Recommendation?

I just took one of those off of my 10/22 and replaced it with a Nikon. J you can have it if you want it. It works good. I just don't plan on using it again.
Thanks! I'll take you up on that if we can work out the logistics.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/maiii10ilras.html

I have one of these. Most zoom for the buck but don't expect a whole lot.
Most zoom isn't really the goal here. Clarity of optics trumps all else IMO. I know that with cheap scopes, once you start getting to 12x or so, it all starts looking muddy.

Thanks! I'll take you up on that if we can work out the logistics.

Most zoom isn't really the goal here. Clarity of optics trumps all else IMO. I know that with cheap scopes, once you start getting to 12x or so, it all starts looking muddy.

Let me know when you get some time I can meet you in Adairsville. I need to make a run down to Timberghost outfitters anyway some time soon.

My Cheapo scope recommendation is "Don't Do It"
Come on man, You've been around the block and know the drill. I know times are tough but no sense in throwing good money after bad.
Spend just a few more dollars and get a lot more glass. A new Burris Fullfield 2 in 3-9x40 can be had for about $150 or a new 3-9 Bushnell Elite for a bout $225. Heck save up for it if you have to.

Even a freebie's gonna cost you if it doesn't hold zero.... unless you know someone giving ammo away.

Last edited:
My Cheapo scope recommendation is "Don't Do It"
Come on man, You've been around the block and know the drill. I know times are tough but no sense in throwing good money after bad.
Spend just a few more dollars and get a lot more glass. A new Burris Fullfield 2 in 3-9x40 can be had for about $150 or a new 3-9 Bushnell Elite for a bout $225. Heck save up for it if you have to.

Even a freebie's gonna cost you if it doesn't hold zero.... unless you know someone giving ammo away.

You're totally right! In the long run it will also cost more. Save a lil and just buy a semi decent price scope. Example bought a browning red dot to throw on a 22 granted it was only $50. It didn't last all but a year. Ended up replacing it with a Burris Fastfire. I know those are strong cause it holds up on the S&W 500. Bushnell aren't bad have one on a 17 hmr

Last edited:
I hear y'all about the quality argument. My argument is that I don't wanna put expensive glass on a cheap rifle. I could easily throw a $300+ scope on top of it, but that's even more than the gun itself is worth!

I hear y'all about the quality argument. My argument is that I don't wanna put expensive glass on a cheap rifle. I could easily throw a $300+ scope on top of it, but that's even more than the gun itself is worth!

Yeah I hear ya..normally you would put optics that is more than the gun on. If you can't see it you can't shoot it. But like I said have a cheap bushnell on a 17 hmr.

Ya cant hit what ya cant see... I would still put a $300 scope on a $150 rifle. Also the mounting system. Without a good foundation you'll be scatching your head when miss the target... Just sayin...

Back
Top Bottom