• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Check out this 9mm Conversion for a Standard AR15

Thanks for posting this. I was super excited to finally get my endomags, but I'm having some of these clearance issues. Got frustrated to the point that I posted my lower for sale...then thought better of it and pulled the ad, and threw the gun back in the cabinet until I have time to fiddle with it.

I think this video will help me work through some issues and maybe I can get this rifle running.

PSA lower, Aero upper with a TacFire Colt cut bolt...
I still had to put another call into MEAN for them call me
I can get it to dry run fine, just like to video but when I loaded up with bullets it’s hanging up on the plastic extractor and guide?????frustrating

What buffer weight are you using?

I still had to put another call into MEAN for them call me
I can get it to dry run fine, just like to video but when I loaded up with bullets it’s hanging up on the plastic extractor and guide?????frustrating

What buffer weight are you using?

I'm using a 7.5oz buffer.

I haven't tried to shoot it yet, I'm having clearance/cycling issues with the mags and the bolt...

I'm using a 7.5oz buffer.

I haven't tried to shoot it yet, I'm having clearance/cycling issues with the mags and the bolt...
Me too I need to swap out buffer 1st and was looking at Slash’s heavy buffer” but can’t seem to rationalize $140
http://heavybuffers.com/9qt.html
Not sure about the wolf spring

What brand is your spring?

Me too I need to swap out buffer 1st and was looking at Slash’s heavy buffer” but can’t seem to rationalize $140
http://heavybuffers.com/9qt.html
Not sure about the wolf spring

What brand is your spring?

I bought a Kaw Valley buffertube kit, looks to be good quality, especially for the money. I think the whole thing was $60 shipped? Cheap enough to use for the first guinea pig. My plan was if it doesn't live up to the standard, I was going to upgrade with the silent captured spring...

Does your bolt have to be in the rear position in order for the mag to lock in?
Mine mag won’t lock in if the bolts closed

My empty mag locks in easily on a closed bolt. My loaded mags absolutely will not seat on a closed bolt. But when I close the bolt on a loaded mag, I get feeding issues. If the round extracts fine, a lot of times the bolt won't be in battery. Other times the round stovepipes inside the chamber. I see some small areas on the back of the PMAG feedlips that look like they need to be clearanced...but the bolt closes perfectly fine on an empty mag, so I'm a little confused about that.

If the round does feed and go into battery, the round won't eject when I cycle the gun manually.

Glad I waited. It’s my personal policy to never buy first generation of anything ! If this helps ,

Quarter circle 10 and Spikes 9 mm lowers
Wolf hi power spring with Kaw 7.5 buffer in a 16”barrel , 10” barrel and 5” barrel suppressed and unsuppressed no issues The above with JP captured Springs no issues . JP is expensive but well worth it.
Sounds like the bolt is hanging on the mag. I use JP bolts .

I wish you guys were closer I could let you try some stuff. Hey fast guy you could do a road trip ! :boink:

I bought a Kaw Valley buffertube kit, looks to be good quality, especially for the money. I think the whole thing was $60 shipped? Cheap enough to use for the first guinea pig. My plan was if it doesn't live up to the standard, I was going to upgrade with the silent captured spring...

My empty mag locks in easily on a closed bolt. My loaded mags absolutely will not seat on a closed bolt. But when I close the bolt on a loaded mag, I get feeding issues. If the round extracts fine, a lot of times the bolt won't be in battery. Other times the round stovepipes inside the chamber. I see some small areas on the back of the PMAG feedlips that look like they need to be clearanced...but the bolt closes perfectly fine on an empty mag, so I'm a little confused about that.

If the round does feed and go into battery, the round won't eject when I cycle the gun manually.
My empty mag with adapter in place won’t lock in. I did the steps in the video and shaved some plastic off the back of the pmag and the bolt cleared but not with Bullets

I’m trying to figuire out what the deal is. First guys on here got theirs and loved them had no issues. Now issues popping up. Wonder if they had a second production run and somethings off ? Sounds like they needed a bit more beta testing .

Empty mag with adapter won't seat with the bolt fwd?

I'm assuming it will seat with the bolt locked back?
Correct, empty with or without Bullets, mag won’t seat with bolt forward
Will seat when bolt is back. PMag eventually passed (after shaving off pmag)both steps in video.
Empty pmag shell bolt test-after I shaved it
Insert in the pmag (and no Bullets) bolt passed roughly and continued to cycle bolt holding down bolt catch as in video “to work it in” as video states
With bullets the bolt won’t go into battery

I hope they’ll let me bring it to them.

Back
Top Bottom