Votes: 5 5.9%

• Total voters

mouzzer

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
27   1
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am hoping to get a sense of how many members would be interested in receiving some instruction on long range precision shooting TTP's. A brief description of my background, I've been an Army Sniper for the last 7 years with deployments in Iraq and the Sinai Desert. I've been instructing field craft, precision shooting techniques, ballistics, and environmental reasoning for roughly 4 years. I've recently moved into the Intelligence Community and continue to be in operation as a 'field agent'. Aside from military training and experience I have worked along side numerous SWAT Sniper personnel from both state and local agencies.

Deciding to offer this instruction was actually instigated by a fellow member who inquired about the training. So I'd like to briefly explain what the course would be all about. The course would be small, preferably no more than 5 or 6 personnel. The doctrine would focus on military Sniping and operation. While distinctions between competitive precision shooters, law enforcement Snipers, and military Snipers does exist I feel that the abilities and knowledge instilled to military Snipers transcends those distinctions. Due to this fact I've found it best to focus on this doctrine. Now this doesn't mean everyone is going to be doing push-ups and a freezing ass cold ghillie wash in the mud, but hey I'm open to it. The training will focus on properly establishing a hide sight, firing from concealment, moving to and from the hide sight, situational response plans, fundamentals of marksmanship, understanding of individual equipment, and ballistics. While their are more concepts which will actually be taught I would be completely open to taking things to what ever level the class felt comfortable with. If we were to have an advanced group of shooters I would be all for implementing things like command fire, hostage situations, UKD Ranges, KIMS Game, and terrain sketches. While this post may seem relatively open ended the instruction will be in-depth, specific, and organized. I will provide all training materials (which will be a rather significant amount of literature).

So at the moment I am simply checking the pulse of this idea to see how possible it really is. This course would be primarily geared towards .308 calibers and higher, exceptions could be made on case by case basis. I have a couple locations that could be utilized to conduct such training though if any members have any land and would like to offer their time that would be great too. I have no intention of charging for this instruction and look at it more of a continuation of my duties to this great nation. With that being said, I would only allow individuals who are legally allowed to posses a firearm, do not have a criminal background, and supply proof of these factors to attend the course. As I explained to another member, at its very core this instruction teaches individuals how to take a life more effectively and efficiently. I can not in good conscious blindly offer such instruction, I am sure you all understand this sentiment. Anyway, if this is something you think you might like to check out or use as an excuse to escape from the wife for a day or two (my true motivation is revealed) let me know. I am all for ideas as well, contributions are always welcome. Let me know if you have any questions!

NOTE: I am projecting this out some months, if their is an interest I will have to wait until I have a more solidified schedule.

2605_71804651284_6752552_n.jpg

I would be interested. Sounds like a blast. Give us enough notice so I can trade into a fitting rig.

Absolutely, I'd give everyone plenty of heads up. You also brought up a good point, for individuals who will be "trading into" or setting up their individual weapon system for the first time, I, as well as others I'm sure, would be happy to offer some insight into what equipment, optics, scope rings, bi-pod's, ammunition, etc to use for your set up.

Absolutely, I'd give everyone plenty of heads up. You also brought up a good point, for individuals who will be "trading into" or setting up their individual weapon system for the first time, I, as well as others I'm sure, would be happy to offer some insight into what equipment, optics, scope rings, bi-pod's, ammunition, etc to use for your set up.
Id be hard pressed to get a highly accurate rig in my budget, i would think, but would defiantly be interested in the course as I think alot of the information would transcend a sub par gun.

Subscribed,and Thank you for your service! Think it'll fit into a 1-day course,or weekend? Also...Can we pay cash,at least for the cost of materials to you? Sounds like a lot to cover...maybe meet one weekend,go over basics + materials,then have a follow up weekend for the hands-on/shooting eval.? Just thoughts,I'm sure you have a method/format that you follow already. Sleepr71.

Back
Top Bottom