• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Christmas Flippers

Well, that's my point. I get it. Supply/Demand and all that. But when you're buying up kid's toys to create artificial demand, it just rubs me the wrong way. YMMV.
Yeah, it bothers me as well. Seeing people go and buy all the Hatchamials they could get at regular retail pricing and jacking up the price 3x-5x times and these poor parents pony up the cash to please their kids. My youngest wanted one and when I saw the regular price, I told Mom nope, let's find something else.
When I see members here doing this kind of crap, I just add them to the Ignore list and move on. No way do I want to deal with them the other 11 months of the year.

Unfortunately, there are many who have a scarcity mentality, who will take whatever opportunity is presented and try to profit from it. They rarely prosper and never are fulfilled. Nothing wrong with making a profit through smart trading or adding value, but taking advantage of a desperate buyer or seller is not how I would choose to do it.

people do this everyday. no different than us buying up pmags in case hillary had won.
you are never ripped off if you get what you want.
if you cant get one at all vs getting one at an inflated price, dont buy it or buy it.
like the 22 flippers a few months back. i did not have time to stand at the store and wait.
but when i wanted 22 i paid the guy who did.

Back
Top Bottom