• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Citadel 1911 9mm $329.99 at Academy Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scored one last week. 353 otd. You can't buy parts for that. Mine shoots great. The only thing is the mag release and the mags are tight in the grip. Nothing that can't be corrected. Sure beats paying 600+ for a Springfield and then having to spend several hundred more to replace that horrible trigger. The trigger here is smooth as butter.

Tried to buy one tonight. First they refused to remove the trigger lock. Finally got the lock off then was told no dry firing. Company policy. I'll take my money to my LGS thank you very much. Academy has now joined the list of places that will never see a dime from me.

Seems a little severe to me, Maverick.

Very severe. Blame the American Bar Association.

Okay, after some reflection I agree that I over reacted. I went back today and really read all their signage. One their front door is a very nice sign welcoming lawful concealed and open carry customers. That trumped the "no dry fire" policy. The reasoning for that policy is flawed but oh well. Got my pistol so all is good.

I'm curious having never seen one of these. Is the size and weight the same as that of a 1911 Gov 45?

Actually, the barrel is a bit thicker/heavier (less muzzle flip) and with the reduced recoil of 9mm is very comfortable/easy to shoot the pistol fast and accurate. It cannot honestly compete with the shear horsepower of the .45 acp/10 mm, more of an issue with barriers (think car/truck), but soft targets are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom