• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Citadel 1911 9mm $329.99 at Academy Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still like mine. Good trigger. The stock sights leave some to be desired. However it will wear out the 0 section of an idpa target with little effort at 15 yards. To me the weight seems about the same as my 1911 45s. For $350, I think it is a steal.

Anybody make a mag bumper for this to extend the capacity to at least 10?? I sure would like this for bowling pin shooting. Last time I went a kid with a 9x23, I think it was, in a 1911 frame was mowing them down in 2.4 seconds!! To put that in perpspective the average is 6-10 seconds for most of the people there shooting at the Bullseye in L'ville. I think this stoked with +p 147gr would be just the ticket. Need to research what this one can handle.

There are several companies that make 10 rd mags in 9mm. I just happened to dawsonprecision.com when they were having a sale on Metalform mags, 570-002 - Magazine/1911/9mm/Metalform/9Rd/Stainless Steel/Welded Base *WAS $24.99!! I bought the last 7 at $12.50. True only 9rds but that's fine for the price, for me and they seem to get fair reviews.

Also, I stopped by my local Academy and they sold all 9 of the guns they had, quickly. Since the sale is for the month of June, they may get some in. You'd just have to keep checking.

You can call the Academy toll-free number and they will locate the store closest to you that has the gun in stock.

Picked one up in Warner Robins on Sunday.

Shot it on Monday. Love it.

It's not the tightest 1911 out there but it has a bunch of features. Beavertail safety, checkered main spring housing, nice trigger, I just couldn't pass it up and glad I didn't.

of course all academy sports arer equidistant from atlanta and just far enough for me not to find it worth it to drive

anyone wanna sell me theirs :)

I was in Academy in Douglasville on Sunday and they had at least one left. It was in their case. Not a bad gun at all. If it had of been a Commander size, I would have probably bought it myself. Just not into 5 in. 1911's.

You can call the Academy toll-free number and they will locate the store closest to you that has the gun in stock.

Picked one up in Warner Robins on Sunday.

Shot it on Monday. Love it.

It's not the tightest 1911 out there but it has a bunch of features. Beavertail safety, checkered main spring housing, nice trigger, I just couldn't pass it up and glad I didn't.

I have to say after fondling the gun and shooting it, I am tempted to snatch one up as well. For the money you can't beat it. I was really surprised with the slide to frame fit and the trigger. Felt way better than any RIA I've ever felt, and the finish seemed to be nicer as well.

I called the 1 888 number and they found one at the Hiram store...It was the last one they had' it was the display model, and was scuffed up a little. I conned manager into taking a little more off, and I walked out the door at $327. I oiled it up and lightly polished it with 0000 steel wool and got every mark off of it. I can see a ramp polish, and some minor throat work are needed right off the bat. Feels nice and tight, and is supposed to be Armscors step up from the RIA...We'll see how she shoots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom