• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

City of Atlanta, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corruption happens in every town, it's not exclusive to big cities like Atlanta. I mean heck, my parents live in Madison. You wanna talk about jackboot cops and corrupt politicians? Take a drive down there.

I had to go pay a speeding ticket the same way and it wasnt even 10 mph over.

Were you being paced? Or was it radar/laser?

Yea, Atlanta is a piece of crap. My younger sister got a public intox charge in December and she had to show up so the judge could rip her ass. But they were dropping charges on hood rats left and right.

First a little background. My roots in the South go back as far as at least 1767 when on my mother's side GGGGGgrandpappy John McClure stepped off the boat from County Down, Ireland in Spartanburg, SC. I had another GGGgrandfather on my father's side that rode in Wheeler's Cav. during the War of Northern Aggression. So that my Southern roots cannot be disputed......

I think "Southern Hospitality" died somewhere around 1998 at least in the Metro ATL area. The immense growth that we have seen since the late 80's early 90's has changed Georgia, at least North Georgia into the equivalent of L.A. Lite. Where I grew up was a four way stop. Now it is one continuous strip mall from Newnan to Fayetteville.

I married an Ohio girl and I spend at least 2-3 months of the year up there. I find that the people in and around Cleveland, Ohio are much more friendlier then the folks in and around Atlanta. Complete strangers will strike up conversations with you in stores. I don't remember the last time that happened to me here. Most of them drive pretty decently around the city at a reasonable rate of speed unlike the Atlanta 500 AKA I-285. Now they may make fun of my accent occasionally but I've gotten really great at mimicking the midwestern Yankee accent (Da' Bearz) so I give it right back to them all in good fun. So to say that all Northerners are not friendly and that all Southerners are friendly is not the truth.

Now my experiences in NYC are not like that. The people there were not very friendly. I would imagine that would continue further Northward into New England as well. Jersey and Philly have reps for being mean as well. However, I think that the further you go inward to the Midwest, the nicer most people are. In many ways Midwesterners are pretty much the same as Southerners culturally and politically. Hell guys, unless you are in a major city, most of Ohio is one big huge cornfield.
dude, my girlfriend lived in columbus..............i visited alot, i found folks in Cincinnati and columbus were mostly ok, but werent friendly by any special terms. i guess im lucky and just run into mostly nice people. i think impressions you get are really based on the attitude you have. if you think atlanta or ohio or wherever is full of jackasses before you get there, you will find it to be true

Were you being paced? Or was it radar/laser?

Yea, Atlanta is a piece of crap. My younger sister got a public intox charge in December and she had to show up so the judge could rip her ass. But they were dropping charges on hood rats left and right.
thats cause they dont have money

ya the city of atlanta can piss me off alot, but its something you gotta deal with everywhere.....just to a deeper degree here with all the different groups all trying to get broke folks money

its a damn shame

Back
Top Bottom