• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

City of Atlanta, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try a $ 960.00 Ticket on I75/85 - This was 4-5 years ago; Merging onto the Interstate in a Red 911... No one would let me over before the Hwy Split ( It was at night-raining-foggy )- so i hit the gas and passed them.... BOOM-Cop in the Median... Dammit.... He didnt care i couldnt get over..... Went to court-Judge could care less; $ 960.00 bucks CASH.. Most expensive BS ticket id ever heard off.... What happened to $ 60.00 tickets? If i remember correctly, i was going 75 in a 55...so 20 miles over.... ( ONLY to merge-then slow down )

Last edited:
What people tend to overlook is the fact that Atlanta is a transplant city. The southerners haven't lost their charm, its the fact that most likely these days, you're not meeting a native to Georgia.

I can count on both hands the number of people I know in my personal life who were actually born and raised here.

I'll agree with you on the whole transplant city thing. You are 100% correct with that accessment.

However, I think as a whole Southern, Northern, Eastern, Western, Martian, etc. have become Narcissistic to the extreme. People are so glued to their own world drunken with distractions like that little Smartphone in their hand that they fail to realize who or what is going on around them. The pace of life has sped up, people are running from one thing to another never really taking time to realize what is important.

Last edited:
This thread is like a train wreck. I don't want to look, but I'm not looking away. To the point of Atlanta - I think the main difference is the CORRUPTION. Whether it is the Mayors Office (over MANY different administrations), the Public school system (cheating/lying scandal), APD (take your pick), and HOW many Fulton and Dekalb county Sheriff and deputy Sheriffs - THAT is what makes metro a special kind of S***hole.

This thread is like a train wreck. I don't want to look, but I'm not looking away. To the point of Atlanta - I think the main difference is the CORRUPTION. Whether it is the Mayors Office (over MANY different administrations), the Public school system (cheating/lying scandal), APD (take your pick), and HOW many Fulton and Dekalb county Sheriff and deputy Sheriffs - THAT is what makes metro a special kind of S***hole.

Don't forget "Walking Small" Sheriff Victor Hill on the southside!!!!!

Complete strangers will strike up conversations with you in stores. I don't remember the last time that happened to me here. .

so far it has been great for me. I have had many a conversations with total strangers, in the stores, bank where ever. Maybe its cause they hear my northern accent and feel bad for me, idunno, but either way it has been very enjoyable to live here.

so far it has been great for me. I have had many a conversations with total strangers, in the stores, bank where ever. Maybe its cause they hear my northern accent and feel bad for me, idunno, but either way it has been very enjoyable to live here.

Maybe I am experiencing the same phenomenon just with an opposite accent lol.

Where are you originally from?

I agree... ATLANTA IS STUPID! I got a ticket in College Park..... They Should Stop the 65 mph in then 55 in College Park then 70 in newnan... i mean REALLY?!? I hope they let me pay instead showing up in the court. lol. Speed on Interstate should stay at 65 at least!!!

I agree... ATLANTA IS STUPID! I got a ticket in College Park..... They Should Stop the 65 mph in then 55 in College Park then 70 in newnan... i mean REALLY?!? I hope they let me pay instead showing up in the court. lol. Speed on Interstate should stay at 65 at least!!!

Its really not Atlanta's fault for not paying attention to speed limit signs...its pretty common knowledge that ITP is 55 everywhere. That's one of the less rational reasons that has been brought up so far.

And on the back of your ticket it tells you how to pay without appearing, which you should be able to do as long as you weren't in an accident or going way over the limit. However, it's in your best interest to appear in traffic court, they will generally knock it down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom