Closed for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you own it right now on Form 4, if the buyer is IN SAME STATE, it can be transfer via another form 4, don't need to go thru class 3 dealer. Only go thru class 3 dealer if you're transferring out of state.
Well I stand corrected. Probably still going to use a dealer as a mutual third party to potentially hold the firearm until the stamp is obtained. But those kind of logistics can be figured out later.

You only need one stamp as well as long it is just a SBS and nothing else. The person who buys it needs to get the stamp, unless you trade for another NFA item then you would both need one.

Well I stand corrected. Probably still going to use a dealer as a mutual third party to potentially hold the firearm until the stamp is obtained. But those kind of logistics can be figured out later.

Usually the seller keeps the item till stamp comes back approve. Something like this that involves private sales of NFA, usually seller and buyers write up an agreement and get it notarized or something if it involves HIGH PRICED item. I know many sellers who sell the $20,000 M16's, most of them write up an agreement stating that buyer already paid this so when date comes, no one can say anything. Sure you could get a FFL dealer involved but they would want a cut in it. If dealer involved, I wouldn't want a form 4 to dealer then dealer form 4 again, thats $200 extra of unnecessary tax fees.

Usually the seller keeps the item till stamp comes back approve. Something like this that involves private sales of NFA, usually seller and buyers write up an agreement and get it notarized or something if it involves HIGH PRICED item. I know many sellers who sell the $20,000 M16's, most of them write up an agreement stating that buyer already paid this so when date comes, no one can say anything. Sure you could get a FFL dealer involved but they would want a cut in it. If dealer involved, I wouldn't want a form 4 to dealer then dealer form 4 again, thats $200 extra of unnecessary tax fees.

I've heard of the same type of arrangements being made. I just want whoever I deal with to feel comfortable so id be willing to personally take on some of those fees to get a dealer involved if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom