• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMP reportedly to receive 86,000 M1 Garands from Philipines

Maybe you and/or 10thmountain 10thmountain could be bribed with an all expenses paid trip to Anniston when they arrive for some personal Garand shopper assistance?

I'd gladly help any new collector. Just about anyone in the store, customers included will help you if you tell them you are a first time buyer.

Also it's luck of draw to mail order but store purchases now add 10% sales tax.

I'd gladly help any new collector. Just about anyone in the store, customers included will help you if you tell them you are a first time buyer.

Also it's luck of draw to mail order but store purchases now add 10% sales tax.

I'm sure they've added Anniston sales tax to all store purchases if you take the rifles away with you. At least that's how it was in 2011 on my last trip. I had all mine shipped to GA, it was far cheaper than paying the tax. If you buy there and have it shipped, do they now charge tax?

I'm sure they've added Anniston sales tax to all store purchases if you take the rifles away with you. At least that's how it was in 2011 on my last trip. I had all mine shipped to GA, it was far cheaper than paying the tax. If you buy there and have it shipped, do they now charge tax?

Yes it is now considered a store purchase if you select one there and pay for it, TAX ADDED!

I don't think I'll be hand selecting any more because of that, and the LIMITED selection.

The new store is about 1/4th the size of the old one.

I guess you take your chances by mail if you don't want to pay the tax. I guess deciding whether to save $150 on a select grade or special grade rifle vs. paying $35 shipping is the order of the day. Or have they started using shipping as a profit center too?

I guess you take your chances by mail if you don't want to pay the tax. I guess deciding whether to save $150 on a select grade or special grade rifle vs. paying $35 shipping is the order of the day. Or have they started using shipping as a profit center too?

Shipping is included in the mail order price

No far from it. Korea allegedly paid for the rifles so they would not have been LOANED under Military Assistance Program (MAP). MAP loaned weapons can come back to the Army and then the CMP.

Foreign OWNED rifles have to go through an IMPORTER like BLUE SKY,,CAI, etc

Korean weapons are also said to be in really poor condition and they want a fortune for them.

Back
Top Bottom