• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMP trip today

One of the counter guys said they were working on some big end of year stuff though that may or may not include some M1 Carbines

I was there on July 12th and asked Orest himself if they would be selling carbines soon. He said NO selling carbines in the store, that they would auction them off because they were bringing $1,200 at auction and he couldn't see selling them for $600 in the store

It had been rumored they would be sold in early 2015 (they were rumored to be sold after the IHC releases, part 2 will be sometime soon).

One Forum post said there were 1,300 Austrian returns and that 1,000 would be for mail order and each store would get 150. Orest said there were 3,000.

I was going to wait but finally bought a nice Inland for $750. If the CMP sells them I'd get another carbine hopefully a Rock-o-la or a Winchester. Heck an IBM or a NPM would be cool.

I was there on July 12th and asked Orest himself if they would be selling carbines soon. He said NO selling carbines in the store, that they would auction them off because they were bringing $1,200 at auction and he couldn't see selling them for $600 in the store

It had been rumored they would be sold in early 2015 (they were rumored to be sold after the IHC releases, part 2 will be sometime soon).

One Forum post said there were 1,300 Austrian returns and that 1,000 would be for mail order and each store would get 150. Orest said there were 3,000.

I was going to wait but finally bought a nice Inland for $750. If the CMP sells them I'd get another carbine hopefully a Rock-o-la or a Winchester. Heck an IBM or a NPM would be cool.

That's what I originally heard as well, but just like the counter guy was saying.....you never know what's going to come through, Orest was standing there with sinister grin. As far as the carbines go, all I need is a Winchester to finish out my collection.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom