• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CNN: One Gun's Path to Destruction

You know the expression "we can't have nice things because of people like that?"
High volume "private collection" sellers at gun shows are going to be what motivates Congress, or some individual states, to ban private sales and force all gun transfers to go through FFL dealers.
The push for "universal background checks" comes from the actions of scofflaws like the ones featured in this article.

And the non-FFL vendor at a gun show in Cartersville a few years ago who was hawking his pistols for sale (plenty of cheapies--Taurus, Rossi, F.I.E.) by telling anybody who paused at his table that his guns didn't require any background check. He brought that up, first thing!

So where’s the line? How many private sales can I make before I’m considered a “scofflaw”?

Who is going to be the arbiter of what’s okay and what is “too many”?

No matter the number, someone is going to say “that’s one too many!” Followed by, “there oughta be a law”!

And for that reason, I’m out. (Cheap Shark Tank reference)

So where’s the line? How many private sales can I make before I’m considered a “scofflaw”?

Did you read the article?
When ATF shows up at your door and hands you a cease and desist letter, and gives you a blank application for an FFL license and suggests that you need to apply for that license before you continue selling guns the way you had been selling them--- you'd better pay attention!

If you don't you're a scofflaw.
And likely soon to be a federally convicted felon.

Did you read the article?
When ATF shows up at your door and hands you a cease and desist letter, and gives you a blank application for an FFL license and suggests that you need to apply for that license before you continue selling guns the way you had been selling them--- you'd better pay attention!

If you don't you're a scofflaw.
And likely soon to be a federally convicted felon.

Okay, so a bureaucrat with a badge determines the magic number...gotcha. Thanks for answering my question with insight and expertise rarely seen in Internet forums. I guess we all know where the proverbial line in the sand is now...my doorbell ringing.

Seems I remember cnn doing that huge story on San Fransanctuary city a while back and how wrong it is for them to give sanctuary to criminals, illegals , etc...

U go cnn !:thumb:

:brick: not !

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/03/us/unlicensed-gun-dealers-invs/index.html

This article isn't the usual anti-gun, empty-headed opinion piece. It actually goes into considerable detail about how ATF identified and warned a particular gun owner / trader/ hobbyist that he seemed to be dealing in firearms without an FFL. Yet the guy kept doing it, and eventually he and his adult son were arrested by ATF for selling tables full of guns at gun shows, all as a "hobby"-- or so they claimed.

Seems to me like an op-ed piece designed to push for universal background checks.

So the whole premise for the article is people dont do anything wrong if they think they will get caught because their is a paper trail back to the gun? Not that it is wrong to shoot an unarmed man in the crosswalk, but it is wrong if there is more of a chance of getting caught? Wtf kind of preschooler logic is this, where it was acceptable for cnn to give credence to the justification of the mans actions because nothing was on paper linking him to the device that he would cause harm with?

Back
Top Bottom