• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cold Steel...SMH

I'd buy another knife and move on. The candy in the box was not needed. I have a bootleg (some call it real but I think it's bootleg) microtech combat troodon . I don't abuse my knife but just use it normally. I have owned it for a while now and it looks like Baghdad. By looking at it , you would think it is abused.

Don't call your knives the worlds strongest if your not prepared to back that with a warranty that is as strong as the knives you claim.

And this is my point exactly! Don't claim how tough your knives are if you won't back them with the proper warranty...really irritates me though

I don't really know or care how or if you used/abused the knife in question. When a company gives you the "we really don't care about you as a customer, we got lots of them" attitude, I don't want anything to do with them. I've never purchased a Cold Steel and just by the experience OP had, I won't purchase one either.
I'm sure some of you will tell me you don't care and I'm sure the company dosent care, so I guess we are all in agreement. :)

I don't really know or care how or if you used/abused the knife in question. When a company gives you the "we really don't care about you as a customer, we got lots of them" attitude, I don't want anything to do with them. I've never purchased a Cold Steel and just by the experience OP had, I won't purchase one either.
I'm sure some of you will tell me you don't care and I'm sure the company dosent care, so I guess we are all in agreement. :)

I am by NO means telling anyone not to buy their products! My Espada served me well and will continue to do so until it no longer functions properly. Just letting everyone know that IF you choose to do so, there is chance they will treat you like ****!

I am by NO means telling anyone not to buy their products! My Espada served me well and will continue to do so until it no longer functions properly. Just letting everyone know that IF you choose to do so, there is chance they will treat you like ****!

My Cold Steels are off the chart good knives. I've had 1 wear out the axis lock, caught flak from some punk cs rep saying it was from over use and therefore MY fault.... but after a phone call to the guys supervisor and letting them know about their so called "claims of toughness" the supervisor made it right, quickly.
My brother got my old Recon 1 with the worn axis lock. He uses the crap out of it still and loves it.

Last edited:

Geeeze, really? Which side of the fence are you on?
Forget the Tootsie Pop, get a Snickers... or a Paxil.

If your mind is made-up, then you are no longer a customer, so move on.

Considering how you used it and for how long, did you get your money's worth out of it?

The words "ridiculous....rant" from your first post come to mind. :rolleyes:
But thanks for the lively, engertaining thread!

What flavor tootsie pops and are they for trade? :lol:

Unfortunately few products are built like Glocks and are backed by a warranty such as theirs!

I had the Buck "Anvil" emblem fall off my $100 Avid Paradigm. I called and they sent me a new emblem to glue on.

But, I didn't get a Tootsie Pop or Tootsie Roll. I'm feeling somewhat slighted. :frown:

I have been on the fence about purchasing a 4" Recon after my Smith & Wesson Bullseye broke a pocket clip yesterday. It was a gift and I used/carried it every day for the past 8 years...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom