• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cold Steel...SMH

K is right, Jeff and Mike at ESEE don't play.
Their warranttee has no exceptions....even if you bought it second hand.
Meet them at The Blade Show in June. Y'all are blessed with the best knife show in the world!

Ya'll got me looking at these Esee's and I am looking forward to giving them more attention come June! Blade show is always one of my guilty pleasures :D

What flavor tootsie pops and are they for trade? :lol:

Unfortunately few products are built like Glocks and are backed by a warranty such as theirs!

I wouldn't know lol My brother came into town for my birthday Saturday and when he got here and I read him the thread and spoke about my CS experience, his exact words were, "I don't give a **** about the knife, you still got them tootsie pops? " Yeah they gone now lol

I've owned Cold Steel knives for a long time. They still make good knives.It's these cs reps they've hired that are making it hard. I've sent a Spyderco and even a Benchmade back for repairs. If you USE a folder it's going to wear sooner or later. Esee's are GREAT knives but do they make a good edc pocket folder ?
I wouldn't part with my RECON 1 at all. It and my Griptillian are the 2 pocket folders I wouldn't be without.

Last edited:
They don't actually make / warranty any folders, but they designed one as an EDC, affordable work knife, @ $30.99 gets one at www.emgear.net
Here are the details:

The Zancudo folding knife is a collaboration effort between Mike Perrin and Jeff Randall of ESEE Knives and Blue Ridge Knives. Mike and Jeff designed the knife and Blue Ridge Knives is having it manufactured and branded under their name. The word Zancudo is Spanish for Mosquito, is the first ever folder from ESEE.The handle features textured glass filled nylon on the front and a stainless steel frame lock back with pocket clip. The pocket clip can be positioned for tip up or tip down carry. Other features include a thumbstud for easy opening and a lanyard hole,

Specifications
Total Length: 7"
OpenBlade Length: 3" / 2.75" Cutting Edge
Closed Length: 4"
Blade Thickness: .125"

There is also alot of anticipation in ESEE circles for an Izula folder to come out this summer.

Last edited:
If there is any life left in this thread, consider forwarding the url of this thread to the customer service rep you may talk to. I own two Cold Steel products myself and it would sure boost my confidence in their product if I read how they had decided they would take care of their customer and honor their warranty.

ESEE-5, 1/4" thick 1095 steel, 5"s long.
My .338 might not cure the problem I break this on......

20140216_011125(1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom