• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt AR15 Police Trade-ins

We are a lot alike. I have a Kimber as well. Pro Carry II in 9mm. Had a Custom II in 45 once upon a time.

I wish I could have gotten that 14.5 barrel. I still need one. About to bite the bullet and order from Brownells. I should have gotten in on those illegal barrels like you did. LOL

I had the line on a couple more of those barrels in town, but now I can't get them at that price anymore :/

I paid more than that for mine but mine is in better shape than the ones in the pics. However, one of those pics shows a CAR stock and one shows a waffle stock. I wish mine had the CAR. Mine also has a full auto bcg, I've seen some with semi autos.

CDNN has been running these for $800 plus shipping.

I think $750 is decent... Obviously only Colt/retro/fixed carry handle fans would think so, lol. That being said, it would be nice if they weren't marked up as much as some of the pics show, but I also think a good bit of the marks will clean up. YMMV.
A Colt CAR stock and Colt 6 hole skinny hand guards = a $200 value in furniture alone...meaning you could post the stock/HG set for sale over on arfcom for $200 and it would last about 10 minutes...maybe!

Even if you wanted to wait a long time to accumulate the Colt parts at sale/discount to build that rifle.....It would be very hard to come in under $700.
$750 is a solid deal, and like you I think most of those handling would clean up pretty nice with a little CPL and elbow grease, although I wouldn't spend a second doing it. I don't care if a rifle has cosmetic signs of use.

A Colt CAR stock and Colt 6 hole skinny hand guards = a $200 value in furniture alone...meaning you could post the stock/HG set for sale over on arfcom for $200 and it would last about 10 minutes...maybe!

Even if you wanted to wait a long time to accumulate the Colt parts at sale/discount to build that rifle.....It would be very hard to come in under $700.
$750 is a solid deal, and like you I think most of those handling would clean up pretty nice with a little CPL and elbow grease, although I wouldn't spend a second doing it. I don't care if a rifle has cosmetic signs of use.

Exactly right!

Man, I handle that old Colt and look at the handguards and think, "Why are these things so much money?" lol

Whats a Brony?
A guy that likes little ponies WAY TOO MUCH
:pound:

F14BED0E-2A10-4EAF-81C2-EF1795C43277.png

Ha, ha. I didn't tell BangBang BangBang that I ordered three more Mega Arms AR15 complete billet upper receivers with handguards, three more billet Mega Arms lowers, and SIX of the Mega Arms AR15 ambi charging handles to complete SIX more Mega Arms rifles.
GOOD LAWD!

Yeah, you definitely hold the title now!

Back
Top Bottom