concrete tent? too feakin cool

Ok- that one is pretty darn amazing. I thought for sure I'd seen this before when I saw the link earlier today- but I was thinking about the big rubber bladder they inflate and then pour concrete over. That one makes structures the size of aircraft hangars. But requires constant attention until the concrete has set.

Heck, add a chimney to it and you've got an all weather shelter!

Ok- that one is pretty darn amazing. I thought for sure I'd seen this before when I saw the link earlier today- but I was thinking about the big rubber bladder they inflate and then pour concrete over. That one makes structures the size of aircraft hangars. But requires constant attention until the concrete has set.

Heck, add a chimney to it and you've got an all weather shelter!

Right? I could live in that. I saw another vid where they said after it hardens cover it with earth for small arms and fragmentation resistance. All I could think was "I gotta have one"

Right? I could live in that. I saw another vid where they said after it hardens cover it with earth for small arms and fragmentation resistance. All I could think was "I gotta have one"

I just want to know what they cost- that looks like a viable alternative to a prefab metal building. Add some earth for extra insulation and plant some grass seed! I do love the arch concept in a really easy to use package.

Also seen this some years ago. I would love to have one. I wonder if it would be able to be buried like a in ground house. That would really be cool.

Interesting idea....

I wonder how durable it is. Whether it is something which will last a month or two, or maybe something for the long term.

I would have to think that temp changes would wreak havoc on it long term. Concrete is great for some things, but it's drawback is expansion/contraction.

Back
Top Bottom