Constitutional Carry In GA- On the ropes

You can support the gaggling geese all you want. I shall not. GCO has our interests at heart. I know that for a fact. Yes. I have read the bill, and I understand their reasoning for not supporting it. With GCO's efforts we have went from one of the worst 2a states to among the best. Show me one piece of legislation that GGO has gotten passed.....I'll wait.
:confused: I don't know nor care what your issue is with GG. As I said in my first post I'm not familiar enough with them to comment (nor am I a member). This thread isn't about GGO, it's about the now killed bill. What I am familiar with is GCO's continuous efforts to stop Constitutional Carry (which they will continue to say is "not really CC") and torpedo any efforts to remove the unconstitutional permit from Georgia's books. Show me where GCO has supported a CC bill and/or any legislation they've gotten passed that eliminated it, I'll wait. Perhaps you can talk to Jerry and ask him exactly what he is doing to eliminate the GWL requirement and move Georgia to the growing list of states that honor the second amendment's intent. A list of pending or even defeated legislation would be great. I'll wait for that too.
That is why I am NO LONGER a member of GCO. They are apparently in SUPPORT of Georgia's permit system (which I know some gun owners have no problem with.) I find that despicable. I won't encourage anyone to be a member or not (they can decide for themselves) but I will encourage every gun owner who understand what the second amendment is about to support the elimination of Georgia's state issued permission slip. If they take the next logical step of viewing with suspicion or derision those that don't, I can certainly understand that as well.

No org completely meets my expectations, but I choose to get involved rather than argue which org is best. I chose this org until they no longer do so.

From my reading of the bill, I did not see how it would adversely impact reciprocity. It does not do away with CC (required for reciprocity to work), but eliminates the requirement for GA residents to carry without a CC permit. If someone wants to carry elsewhere, then they need to meet reciprocity requirements, ie a CC license.

If I am incorrect, please point it out with the portion of the bill I misunderstood.
You are not incorrect. GCO apparently likes our permit system and wants to keep it. But you can ask them yourselves what their ultimate answer is to Georgia being a pro second amendment state would be. There is "some" logic to the argument that "some" states won't allow it with ANY CC states. So then again, the question is do you want a permit system or not? You have to take it to it's obvious conclusion. You either want all states to have state issued CC requirements and presumably offer reciprocity which of course will never happen, (and which obviously defines "infringement") or you simply want to go to true Constitutional Carry (as a growing list of freedom loving states are). I choose to follow the intent of the second amendment. I'm sure the founders would barf at the notion of states issuing mandated 'permits' to carry (and in some states even own) firearms. I can hear them now "Exactly what did you think we meant by 'Shall not be infringed'?"

The young guy is from Warner Robins, so that is weird since that is normally a pretty red area. The old dude that has been in office way too long (since 1991) is from Hartwell. Maybe those good ole boys up there should see about un-electing him.

Heath Clark is a RINO moron.

You are not incorrect. GCO apparently likes our permit system and wants to keep it. But you can ask them yourselves what their ultimate answer is to Georgia being a pro second amendment state would be. There is "some" logic to the argument that "some" states won't allow it with ANY CC states. So then again, the question is do you want a permit system or not? You have to take it to it's obvious conclusion. You either want all states to have state issued CC requirements and presumably offer reciprocity which of course will never happen, (and which obviously defines "infringement") or you simply want to go to true Constitutional Carry (as a growing list of freedom loving states are). I choose to follow the intent of the second amendment. I'm sure the founders would barf at the notion of states issuing mandated 'permits' to carry (and in some states even own) firearms. I can hear them now "Exactly what did you think we meant by 'Shall not be infringed'?"

^ This. As a very early supporter of GCO who worked hard, along with a lot of other people, to get SB308 passed, I am no longer a member of GCO. SB308 passed because our gun laws were so terrible at the time, but it's been the same weak and ineffective strategy every since. Minimal changes and beg your reps and the governor to pretty please with sugar on top pass it... Target some of these cuckservatives for removal, and I will gladly put my money where my mouth is.

As much as republicans dominate our legislature, there is no excuse for not passing Constitutional Carry after all this time.

Well when the biggest "gun rights advocacy group in the state" fights against it... there is that. :frusty:

By the end of this year, there should be more than 30% of the states with Constitutional Carry. Not only is GA not one of those states, but we're not even close. There is something seriously wrong with that picture...

By the end of this year, there should be more than 30% of the states with Constitutional Carry. Not only is GA not one of those states, but we're not even close. There is something seriously wrong with that picture...
Yep. Blind allegiance comes at a cost. Often steep.

Aside from pulling a fast one as sneaking something by, gun laws in ga will be stagnant for a while. Look to Florida's recent events as an example... There was a single man putting a stop to open carry and campus carry. A "Republican". He lost his seat last year, and guess what... Open carry and campus carry are still being fought, by other Republicans in positions to prevent pro 2a bills from being voted on. This seems to be the status quo in some states.

Our next governor will likely be Cagle, or it could possibly be a dem. Best case scenario is we get an unexpected pro gun governor, but then we would still have Cagle or a Cagle clone. They will be sure to secure the future for their ideals...

I'm not saying trying to pass pro gun 2a is useless right now though. We must always stay offensive so we don't lose ground. I just wouldn't realistically expect much in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom