• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Constitutional Carry In GA- On the ropes

We have absolutely terrible RINO politicians in this state. It's not just guns. Look at the constant tax increases they keep voting in. Many of the politicians are former democrats who switched sides just so they could stay in power.

My problem with the current gun strategy is that it's the exact same thing every year, and we (sorry they) are being played for fools. Let's try and get back a little more of our rights, call your rep and beg them to pass it, and it never passes or gets vetoed. Water it down the next year and start the same process all over again.

How about we change strategies and target some of these politicians for removal? Politicians only understand fear due to loss of power. If we get some removed and replaced with the right people, then it won't just be good gun legislation but other improvements like good tax legislation as well.
If gun owners can't coalesce around CC, how in the heck you think we have the power to remove any of these idiots from office? A group like GCO 'could' have the power to have an impact on CC. Oh wait, nevermind, they already have... once again. :frusty:

It's a good thing we dont have cc. That's what keeps all the felons and gang bangers from carrying weapons. I feel so safe now.
Just imagine if the citizens had the right to keep and bear arms without government infringement?!?! I mean what kind of idiot would support such an insane concept?!?

Once again, global warming is the friction caused by our founders spinning in their graves.

Is Constitutional Carry gonna hurt your business? That's the only reason I can think for that uninformed, arrogant, factually wrong statement.
I lived in AK for 20 years. During part of that time state allowed permit-less Open Carry and CWPed concealed carry. Alaska later changed to Constitutional Carry (second state, after Vermont to have done so, IIRC), with permits available for those who wanted reciprocity with other states. No blood on the streets, no Wild West shootouts. Oh and Church carry was always permitted. We had a best armed congregation in town, with High-point observation points/seating above the main floor. Never had an issue.
This is obviously right wing fake news. Guns are bad. People can't be trusted with them unless the government gets their fee and blesses them.

Im mixed on it. I will say the same thing I said to a buddy of mine on facebook.

On the one hand its nice to be able to walk into a gun shop and walk out quickly because I don't have to wait on a phone call especially if NICS is backed up from a gunshow or puts something in the computer wrong. On the other hand if its legal for you to buy a gun I don't think there should be a restriction in place keeping you from safely having your firearm on you whenever you chose and I definitely don't think you should pay for that privilege.

If I could pay $10 every 5 years to go through a more thorough background and not have to go through the NICS and give ODTers the warm fuzzies that they aren't selling to a felon and not be required to be permitted to carry, well I think that would be awesome.

I don't want any swingin' Richard to be able to carry a loaded handgun, in public, without a license showing he's serious enough about it to apply and offer his fingerprints for a background check.
When Dindu Nuffin or Allah Snackbar types go on a killing spree, and others in our state say "look, we need tighter restrictions on GWL holders and more off-limits locations" I want to be able to say "that criminal who perpetrated the crime you speak of was not a GWL holder," and "People with carry permits are among the most law-abiding persons you can find in society."

So, I'll say "no thanks" to "constitutional carry" if it means anybody packs a gun anywhere they want, no permit needed, no questions asked, prior to them killing somebody with it.
I used to think the same thing, but then saw the flaw in my logic stream. Whether or not we have Constitutional Carry or even permitted carry, Dindus and Snackbars will do what they do. What people say has nothing to do with it. I point to Chicago and other urban combat zones in locals with strong anti-gun laws. The atrocities still happen and everyone still says we need tighter restrictions. No matter what, the anti-2A folks will always want tighter restrictions until we are unarmed.

1- A person walks into a store in front of you. You notice a bulge on his right hip. Is he armed or not? Is he licensed or not?

2- A person walks into a store in front of you. You do not notice any bulges or other indication that the person is armed or not? Is he licensed or not?

3- A person walks into a store in front of you with a pistol on his hip. Is that person licensed or not?

The answer is you do not know. You have no way of knowing unless that person breaks the law. If a person breaks the law, it matters not whether they are licensed to carry a firearm.

This may be the dumbest damn thing I have read in a while. Are you worried CC might put a dent in your law book you peddle here? Or do you actually believe a GWL makes a man special? GWL's don't make people good.....just like Guns don't turn people evil. Damn, Just Damn.

CQB27, your statement, "this may be the dumbest damn thing I have read in a while", is close to how I feel, but I believe it IS the dumbest thing I have read in a while. But this comes from the same member who questioned whether our President was "properly qualified" to be POTUS. I don't believe he questioned the qualifications of Obama. I am surprised that he has time to post on ODT. I am sure that it takes away from his ambulance chasing duties. Too much time spent trying to determine what 2A means and not enough time spent reading what it says.

Back
Top Bottom