• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Constitutional Carry In GA- On the ropes

Dude - please tell me you don't support that sham organization?? They have done WAY more harm than good for gun owners in Georgia! All they are is a fundraising organization for Dudley and his croneys. They have *NEVER* gotten anything done other than piss off legislators. You want results...go with Georgia Carry.

The young guy is from Warner Robins, so that is weird since that is normally a pretty red area. The old dude that has been in office way too long (since 1991) is from Hartwell. Maybe those good ole boys up there should see about un-electing him.

If you are for it, I am, then contact your rep and the two named individuals holding up the legislation.

If these two are your reps, remember them the next time you vote.

https://www.georgiagunowners.org/2017/03/07/time-to-name-names/
Since Republicans are the majority party in GA legislature and I presume control all committees and sub-committees, are these two guys Republicans ? I did not take the time to check. Thanks.

If you are for it, I am, then contact your rep and the two named individuals holding up the legislation.

If these two are your reps, remember them the next time you vote.

https://www.georgiagunowners.org/2017/03/07/time-to-name-names/
It's too late. Crossover day has come and gone.

Dude - please tell me you don't support that sham organization?? They have done WAY more harm than good for gun owners in Georgia! All they are is a fundraising organization for Dudley and his croneys. They have *NEVER* gotten anything done other than piss off legislators. You want results...go with Georgia Carry.
I'm not familiar enough with them to say but based on the link, I'm not sure I disagree. What exactly was wrong with HB156? http://www.legis.ga.gov/legislation/en-US/Display/20172018/HB/156
It sounds like once again the exact same shenanigans were played by the same players.
Once again GCO was against it, this time because it "eliminates reciprocity" which is complete crock. But I guess GEORGIA carry is more concerned about non residents than GEORGIA residents. Disgusting!

It's too late. Crossover day has come and gone.

I'm not familiar enough with them to say but based on the link, I'm not sure I disagree. What exactly was wrong with HB156? http://www.legis.ga.gov/legislation/en-US/Display/20172018/HB/156
It sounds like once again the exact same shenanigans were played by the same players.
Once again GCO was against it, this time because it "eliminates reciprocity" which is complete crock. But I guess GEORGIA carry is more concerned about non residents than GEORGIA residents. Disgusting!

Exactly wrong. They ARE concerned about our rights, to carry in other states as well. That law would have prevented us from doing so.

Exactly wrong. They ARE concerned about our rights, to carry in other states as well. That law would have prevented us from doing so.
Wrong. You are either for CC or you are against it. GCO last year actually attempted to say it would prevent teenagers from hunting with their grandfathers because it addressed CC for 21 and over (and not 18-20 year olds). It was a transparent and disgusting attempt by them to protect THEIR 'turf'.
ANY CC law will call into conflict reciprocity with some non CC states. So to be clear, you'd rather Georgians be subjected to the most onerous infringement on the 2A we have, a government permission slip and accompanying tax/fee than to go with the 2A as stated in the Constitution?
Have you read the bill? You are honestly against it?

Wrong. You are either for CC or you are against it. GCO last year actually attempted to say it would prevent teenagers from hunting with their grandfathers because it addressed CC for 21 and over (and not 18-20 year olds). It was a transparent and disgusting attempt by them to protect THEIR 'turf'.
ANY CC law will call into conflict reciprocity with some non CC states. So to be clear, you'd rather Georgians be subjected to the most onerous infringement on the 2A we have, a government permission slip and accompanying tax/fee than to go with the 2A as stated in the Constitution?

You can support the gaggling geese all you want. I shall not. GCO has our interests at heart. I know that for a fact. Yes. I have read the bill, and I understand their reasoning for not supporting it. With GCO's efforts we have went from one of the worst 2a states to among the best. Show me one piece of legislation that GGO has gotten passed.....I'll wait.

No org completely meets my expectations, but I choose to get involved rather than argue which org is best. I chose this org until they no longer do so.

From my reading of the bill, I did not see how it would adversely impact reciprocity. It does not do away with CC (required for reciprocity to work), but eliminates the requirement for GA residents to carry without a CC permit. If someone wants to carry elsewhere, then they need to meet reciprocity requirements, ie a CC license.

If I am incorrect, please point it out with the portion of the bill I misunderstood.

Back
Top Bottom