• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

cool stuff, wonder what state this is in

i know right.

why did you stop me?

because your carrying a gun legally and have to make sure your not doing anything illegal.

i wasnt and im not doing anything illegal.

ok, but i have to make sure your not doing anything illegal before you continue on with your day of 100% legal activity

California, the guy was open carrying with an unloaded gun, which is legal in Ca.. He's part of a group pushing for more liberal gun laws.

What a dick, and I don't mean the cop, I mean the idiot with the video who was open carrying. The cop was just doing his job. If you want to open carry and not have a badge next to it thats just the risk you run into. It could all been resolved in 2 min if just showed his ID.
Doesn't mean he had to or was required to it just means to be the bigger man and not create a confertation with Law Enforcement. The weapon carrying public is supposed to be the most Law Abiding citizens out there. If you want be bring more awareness to your cause don't shoot a video like some yuppie that's what the courts was designed for. Just my 2cents.

What a dick, and I don't mean the cop, I mean the idiot with the video who was open carrying. The cop was just doing his job. If you want to open carry and not have a badge next to it thats just the risk you run into. It could all been resolved in 2 min if just showed his ID.
Doesn't mean he had to or was required to it just means to be the bigger man and not create a confertation with Law Enforcement. The weapon carrying public is supposed to be the most Law Abiding citizens out there. If you want be bring more awareness to your cause don't shoot a video like some yuppie that's what the courts was designed for. Just my 2cents.

Interesting...
Should an officer be able to pull you over for driving a surplus military vehicle?
What about a windowless van?
What if he thought that was "dangerous" of "suspicious" or someone had called in about it?
What a sad state of affairs that a guy has to be a d*** to not consent to an illegal stop.
That said I do not OC so I can avoid the hassle, but it is completely legal and should not be a CAUSE for suspicion.

Oh, and he didn't create the confrontation.

Last edited:
What if he thought that was "dangerous" of "suspicious" or someone had called in about it?

Not arguing your point of view just seeing it from a Law Enforcement point of view. If it warranted someone calling in about because they are concerned that something is suspicious it is your job as a Law Enforcement officer to investigate.

For example:
If someone is standing on the sidewalk in front of your house for a long time, over an hour, and you call the police because your concerned and it doesn't look right do you expect the police to show up and talk to the guy? Would you be happy with them telling you that he's not doing anything illegal and their not going to check it out?

Back
Top Bottom