cool stuff, wonder what state this is in

What a dick, and I don't mean the cop, I mean the idiot with the video who was open carrying. The cop was just doing his job. If you want to open carry and not have a badge next to it thats just the risk you run into. It could all been resolved in 2 min if just showed his ID.
Doesn't mean he had to or was required to it just means to be the bigger man and not create a confertation with Law Enforcement. The weapon carrying public is supposed to be the most Law Abiding citizens out there. If you want be bring more awareness to your cause don't shoot a video like some yuppie that's what the courts was designed for. Just my 2cents.
X43!

IMO---- I compare this to other "damning" issues such as "racism", as long as you pick at the sore, it will never heal. Granted, we all do have a few rights left in this country and I somewhat agree with both parties in this case.
The guy had a legal right to carry and the cop also had a legal obligation to protect the public by investigating the concerned citizens call of a suspicous person carrying a gun. To "serve and protect" is the cops job, not harrass to boost his own ego (like some do), and he did not harrass the toter in this case. There are good people that carry, there are good cops, then again, there are bad people that carry and there are bad cops, the bad of both is what makes it worse for everybody.

IMO--- The truth is, when you purposely and publicly challenge an issue or "speak out" and profess your rights in this country you become automatically labeled. The guy open carrying is now labeled a "trouble maker" or a "shiot starter". You become a target of scrutiny especially with law enforcement.

My parents taught me many lessons in life, one of those being, "don't stir it and it won't stink".

What a dick, and I don't mean the cop, I mean the idiot with the video who was open carrying. The cop was just doing his job. If you want to open carry and not have a badge next to it thats just the risk you run into. It could all been resolved in 2 min if just showed his ID.
Doesn't mean he had to or was required to it just means to be the bigger man and not create a confertation with Law Enforcement. The weapon carrying public is supposed to be the most Law Abiding citizens out there. If you want be bring more awareness to your cause don't shoot a video like some yuppie that's what the courts was designed for. Just my 2cents.
im not going to make their job any easier if they arent making my life easy

besides, they work for the government so whatever (mind you, they get paid regardless, with benefits, from your tax dollars. i dont want them stopping me)

- - - Updated - - -

Not arguing your point of view just seeing it from a Law Enforcement point of view. If it warranted someone calling in about because they are concerned that something is suspicious it is your job as a Law Enforcement officer to investigate.

For example:
If someone is standing on the sidewalk in front of your house for a long time, over an hour, and you call the police because your concerned and it doesn't look right do you expect the police to show up and talk to the guy? Would you be happy with them telling you that he's not doing anything illegal and their not going to check it out?
thats loitering

IMO---- I compare this to other "damning" issues such as "racism", as long as you pick at the sore, it will never heal. Granted, we all do have a few rights left in this country and I somewhat agree with both parties in this case.
The guy had a legal right to carry and the cop also had a legal obligation to protect the public by investigating the concerned citizens call of a suspicous person carrying a gun. To "serve and protect" is the cops job, not harrass to boost his own ego (like some do), and he did not harrass the toter in this case. There are good people that carry, there are good cops, then again, there are bad people that carry and there are bad cops, the bad of both is what makes it worse for everybody.

IMO--- The truth is, when you purposely and publicly challenge an issue or "speak out" and profess your rights in this country you become automatically labeled. The guy open carrying is now labeled a "trouble maker" or a "shiot starter". You become a target of scrutiny especially with law enforcement.

My parents taught me many lessons in life, one of those being, "don't stir it and it won't stink".
hes not going to be labeled that way, because he didnt show the cop ID, they dont know who he is

your rights work in your favor, dont give them away through "consent"

im not going to make their job any easier if they arent making my life easy

besides, they work for the government so whatever (mind you, they get paid regardless, with benefits, from your tax dollars. i dont want them stopping me)

- - - Updated - - -

thats loitering

No such thing as loitering on a public street.

And everybody wants to throw that "They get paid by your Taxes" bit out like they don't pay taxes too.

When someone screams through their actions, "HEY! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" they can't very well be shocked when they get the attention they've so desperately sought.

Just because we have the legal right to behave a certain way doesn't mean common sense should be ignored.

Back
Top Bottom