cool stuff, wonder what state this is in

Not arguing your point of view just seeing it from a Law Enforcement point of view. If it warranted someone calling in about because they are concerned that something is suspicious it is your job as a Law Enforcement officer to investigate.

For example:
If someone is standing on the sidewalk in front of your house for a long time, over an hour, and you call the police because your concerned and it doesn't look right do you expect the police to show up and talk to the guy? Would you be happy with them telling you that he's not doing anything illegal and their not going to check it out?

Well said and good comparison!

Very simple....
Ask the person who called if the the gun owner is brandishing the weapon or carrying in a legal fashion? If carrying in a holster, tell the caller it is perfectly legal.

Send the cops out to witness the gun owner and if it is confirmed the gun is being carried in a legal fashion, leave him alone or start a dialog. No need to disarm or check for ID.

In the case of the person standing in front of your house, police could drive by or start a dialog. No need for ID.

No such thing as loitering on a public street.

And everybody wants to throw that "They get paid by your Taxes" bit out like they don't pay taxes too.

yes there is. it alot of the time has to do with the interpreted intent. for instance loitering with the intent of prostitution is always illegal. but i dont think hangin in front of someones house all day is ok, im pretty sure you would be breaking the law if you dont have a realistic intent (or at least a legal one). that being said i suppose you dont have to subject yourself to questioning

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/loiter

and of course i throw out the part about them getting paid by taxes, they aint gotta pay social security like the rest of us (government workers) aint that a *****? my point is i dont want to deal with them or cooperate unless its in my interest, seeing as how they are a "service" i have no choice participating in and therefor have no qualms about not helping

why should i care, thats my question?

- - - Updated - - -

When someone screams through their actions, "HEY! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" they can't very well be shocked when they get the attention they've so desperately sought.

Just because we have the legal right to behave a certain way doesn't mean common sense should be ignored.
agreed but the video is just him filming, the cop had no reason to stop and/or take away his firearm

Last edited:
yes there is. it alot of the time has to do with the interpreted intent. for instance loitering with the intent of prostitution is always illegal. but i dont think hangin in front of someones house all day is ok, im pretty sure you would be breaking the law if you dont have a realistic intent (or at least a legal one). that being said i suppose you dont have to subject yourself to questioning

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/loiter

and of course i throw out the part about them getting paid by taxes, they aint gotta pay social security like the rest of us (government workers) aint that a *****? my point is i dont want to deal with them or cooperate unless its in my interest, seeing as how they are a "service" i have no choice participating in and therefor have no qualms about not helping

why should i care, thats my question?

- - - Updated - - -

agreed but the video is just him filming, the cop had no reason to stop and/or take away his firearm

Cops DO pay social security...I paid it for 32 years......

Cops DO pay social security...I paid it for 32 years......

my mistake, i know i didnt have to pay social security when i worked for the state court of appeals, i didnt think police did because they had a private account much like i had for a brief time.

- - - Updated - - -

The guy filming was trolling, pure and simple.
still legal, the cop was a dumbass for falling for obviously troll

Back
Top Bottom