• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cops have the right to search if you legally own a gun?

I've been pulled over a few times with firearms in the car. Never had a bad experience with it. I always make it know that I have a firearm/s in the vehicle and they are always appreciative of the heads up. I've never been asked to produce a permit or asked to search serial numbers or search my vehicle through any of my stops. Most I've been asked to do is to stand at the rear of my vehicle to space myself from my weapon/s while he does his thing in his car. 99% of the time all I get is a warning for whatever and that's that.

Impossible. What you meant to say is you were stopped for nothing, searched illegally, wounded by a negligent discharge at the hands of a cop, evidence was planted, you were tried, convicted, and railroaded into a lengthy sentence, and you made your post on the ODT from a bootlegged smartphone that was smuggled into prison in your cellmate's baby mama's be-hind. :lol:

Impossible. What you meant to say is you were stopped for nothing, searched illegally, wounded by a negligent discharge at the hands of a cop, evidence was planted, you were tried, convicted, and railroaded into a lengthy sentence, and you made your post on the ODT from a bootlegged smartphone that was smuggled into prison in your cellmate's baby mama's be-hind. :lol:
LOL!

Yeah. Cops and such. I don't know what to do with my hands. Ha

[Broken External Image]:

I stopped reading this thread after the second page, If you have nothing or have done nothing,,, why would it matter if they search your car.

I stopped reading this thread after the second page, If you have nothing or have done nothing,,, why would it matter if they search your car.

Dude...that's pretty lame reasoning to allow strangers to go through your things. I did not read any of the thread except this page and was essentially uninterested as the topic is rather silly and naive. And then I read your comment. If you have nothing or have done nothing wrong then nobody has any business searching anything. I will stick to my canned, polite response that I only have had to use twice in 5 plus decades, "no you don't have my permission to go through my private property" and both times I received a polite "have a nice night" after resolving the cause for the stop (once a warning and once a ticket).

Apathy in my opinion is what you are espousing.

I have a right to privacy and to not be bothered by the government without cause, simple and responsible.

and I'm not a LEO basher, in fact quite the opposite in most cases. No big deal, I just don't understand that thought process.

Cheers

Last edited:
I have a right to privacy and to not be bothered by the government without cause, simple and responsible.
and I'm not a LEO basher, in fact quite the opposite in most cases. No big deal, I just don't understand that thought process.

Cheers

I'm a former LEO and have searched literally hundreds of cars and I couldn't agree with you more.

Back
Top Bottom