• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cops shoving guns in people's faces...

Camera angles can lead to deceptive images. Possible he is nowhere as close as this looks if it was a zoom lens. However it looks to me as if he is pointing the muzzle in the general direction of the passenger compartment.If the picture is accurate then he should at the least be re trained, and possibly punished, depending on the whole story. Which no one here knows.

I can't see a reason to shoulder the rifle in that situation. Poor decisions with firearms rate pretty high on my douche-o-meter and this guy may not be a match for a career behind the trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what you said last night...

:tape: SHHHH

That's right, pay no attention to the videos and photographs, "you can't know why the cop beat the person based on the video" or "just because there's a photo that shows the rifle barrel is in the victim's face, doesn't mean it's so."

Here, another item for discussion. http://www.ksla.com/story/23686918/cell-phone-video-shows-off-duty-deputy-attempt-to-arrest-soldier-at-bar

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/253149/2/Lott-Wants-Fired-Deputy-Prosecuted-On-Assault-Charge

Fired and being persecuted as he should be. Not really related in any way to the OP.

That's right, pay no attention to the videos and photographs, "you can't know why the cop beat the person based on the video" or "just because there's a photo that shows the rifle barrel is in the victim's face, doesn't mean it's so."

Here, another item for discussion. http://www.ksla.com/story/23686918/cell-phone-video-shows-off-duty-deputy-attempt-to-arrest-soldier-at-bar

1. Ken is correct that camera perspective can play tricks, but as I said there is no reason to shoulder the weapon.

2. Your link adds nothing to this topic.

Related in that the cop should be in prison, as the law is supposed to be applied equally to all.

This is the problem with people who just hate LEOs.

You can't have a discussion about a particular situation without the piling on of unrelated "bad cop" stories.

The fact is your example is one of how the system works. The guy was an ass. His coworkers arrested him, his boss fired him, and he is facing jail time. What's the ****ing discussion? He didn't get away with it and his boss expressed the urge to choke him for what he did.

I'm VERY pro-cop. I have every respect for the men and women who do a damn dangerous job in the face of people who are really in many cases not worth the risk.

Having said that, if this is indeed as it appears this **** leaves me cold. This jackass does NOT need to be a cop(or even an armed citizen for that matter). In fact he needs his ass whipped, fired and locked the **** up. If you or I did this we would be jailed for assault with a deadly weapon or reckless endangerment at least.

Now I would hope that this doesn't devolve into yet another "all cops are gestapo assholes" thread, because this particular moron doesn't need to be a cop at all.

Back
Top Bottom