• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Couples and Families to Plan and Prep together

This thread is 12 years old.

Now, you MUST include groups 1 and 2 with your group. It’s 2024
See, I read this differently... The Y2K preppers found out that it wasn't a big deal... then 12 years later someone started this thread about preparing for the next doom's day... now its 12 years later and here we still are... no apocalypse... Fast forward another 12 years and the folks here forecasting the end of times will find that in 12 years, still no end of the world...

I guess it never hurts to be prepared, but at some point, don't you(not you personally) start to feel like those religious zealots who every few years go up to the top of the hill and prepare for the rapture... and then 12:01 rolls around as they sit there confused, and mumble something about "Maybe Carl got the date wrong again" and they vow to return in 5 years... Over, and over... lol

See, I read this differently... The Y2K preppers found out that it wasn't a big deal... then 12 years later someone started this thread about preparing for the next doom's day... now its 12 years later and here we still are... no apocalypse... Fast forward another 12 years and the folks here forecasting the end of times will find that in 12 years, still no end of the world...

I guess it never hurts to be prepared, but at some point, don't you(not you personally) start to feel like those religious zealots who every few years go up to the top of the hill and prepare for the rapture... and then 12:01 rolls around as they sit there confused, and mumble something about "Maybe Carl got the date wrong again" and they vow to return in 5 years... Over, and over... lol
I prepped once. It’ll have to do

It's just math, man. Sooner or later the apocalypse WILL happen, so it'll be nice to be able to say "see, I told you!" Heck, even hypochondriacs are eventually right.

What is really funny are the date setters that are so sure they know the date they buy plane tickets to Jerusalem to be there - but for some reason always buy return tickets.

I don’t look at it from an apocalyptic stand point. More of a homesteading view point. Self sufficient is a good way to be. Grow my own veggies and be able to preserve them and the same goes for meat. If worse case scenario happens then I’m ahead of the game if not then I have good healthy food to eat. Peppers usually resort to apocalypse mentality but there is plenty of other things that can go wrong and a little provisions can go a long way even in a short term issue.

I don’t look at it from an apocalyptic stand point. More of a homesteading view point. Self sufficient is a good way to be. Grow my own veggies and be able to preserve them and the same goes for meat. If worse case scenario happens then I’m ahead of the game if not then I have good healthy food to eat. Peppers usually resort to apocalypse mentality but there is plenty of other things that can go wrong and a little provisions can go a long way even in a short term issue.

Can't argue with that logic... But some of the preppers are way out there. You almost get the feeling that they WANT the end of times, just so that they can put their bunkers and action plans into action... You know the type... lol

Back
Top Bottom