• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coyotes are no threat to healthy deer....

Clueless bimbo posted the following to the local Nextdoor online forum, got mad when I asked her to coexist with roaches and fire ants.......

Why You Shouldn't Be Afraid of Coyotes

While encountering a coyote on your late night/early morning jog or dog walk isn't pleasant or something anyone wants to experience, they are generally uninterested and reserved animals. Facts: Coyotes are Georgias main apex predator: their job includes keeping insect, rodent, and deer populations in check. They are opportunistic, so while they usually do not go after cats and small dogs, they will if they are presented a good opportunity. A good opportunity includes - off leash dogs, people who have pets and feed coyotes, outdoor cats/dogs, and passive behavior. They are generally most active at dawn and dusk, but will be out and about during the day if they have to be. They tend to hunt alone, or in packs of two. They are not as big as they seem - it's just their coats. They are really a little bigger than a fox. What should you do if you see one: You should "Haze" them, this includes yelling, spraying water at them, flashing lights, anything that makes them uncomfortable. What does not work: Killing/ Trapping them DOES NOT WORK. They are here to stay, and your best option is to coexist with them (More info in the link below). If you are wondering where my information is coming from, and what my sources are you can follow the link below. These are not my only sources, but I thought that this website was the most helpful on breaking this down. https://atlantacoyoteproject.org/

6 Apr · 56 neighborhoods in General

Clueless bimbo posted the following to the local Nextdoor online forum, got mad when I asked her to coexist with roaches and fire ants.......

While encountering a coyote on your late night/early morning jog or dog walk isn't pleasant or something anyone wants to experience, they are generally uninterested and reserved animals. Facts: Coyotes are Georgias main apex predator: their job includes keeping insect, rodent, and deer populations in check. They are opportunistic, so while they usually do not go after cats and small dogs, they will if they are presented a good opportunity. A good opportunity includes - off leash dogs, people who have pets and feed coyotes, outdoor cats/dogs, and passive behavior. They are generally most active at dawn and dusk, but will be out and about during the day if they have to be. They tend to hunt alone, or in packs of two. They are not as big as they seem - it's just their coats. They are really a little bigger than a fox. What should you do if you see one: You should "Haze" them, this includes yelling, spraying water at them, flashing lights, anything that makes them uncomfortable. What does not work: Killing/ Trapping them DOES NOT WORK. They are here to stay, and your best option is to coexist with them (More info in the link below). If you are wondering where my information is coming from, and what my sources are you can follow the link below. These are not my only sources, but I thought that this website was the most helpful on breaking this down. https://atlantacoyoteproject.org/

LOL. Nextdoor is the single BEST source of comedy. For the record, I have never killed a single coyote that I ever had an issue with again. Not one. Recidivism rate? ZERO.

What's REALLY annoying about them though? I have 2 beagles. They were born with, well, beagle noses. They can scent anything from a LONG ways and when a coyote comes by, they won't stop barking for AT LEAST an hour. Like, for example..... RIGHT NOW! :doh:

:censored::censored: idiots :censored::doh:

I've witnessed a coyote chasing a 3.5 year old buck. The buck might have won if he squared up but them does and fawns dont stand a chance.

“They are opportunistic, so while they usually do not go after cats and small dogs, they will if they are presented a good opportunity. A good opportunity includes - off leash dogs, people who have pets and feed coyotes, outdoor cats/dogs, and passive behavior.“

Seems like a good enough reason for me to kill every one of them I see. The writer is not very good at making their point.

I'm a firm believer in killing yotes but I do find it funny how the same sportsman and sports writers who used to claim deer hunters are so important because deer have no natural predators and without us deer would be overpopulated are now saying we have to kill all the coyotes :lol:

20190719_170207.jpg

ok

Back
Top Bottom