• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crack usage and used truck sales….

60k for a new 2 wheel drive XLT. The new norm!!
image.jpg

Screw that ! There are enough nice (really nice) used ones with very few miles for a hella lot less than what they are worth blue book wise…..just gotta look. There are a bunch of repos, demos, last year models , etc., there is no way in hell I would ever buy one new off a dealer anymore !
Kid called me from the Ford dealership to let me know about rebates and asking when I planned to buy a new vehicle. I told him the economy would have to look a lot better and prices drop before I would write a check. Heck I have enough money to make payments but not enough to buy the truck. This means I cant afford a new truck. I then told him this was the third time we have had this conversation this month. I extended him a little grace since I know his mom and dad and I realize he is just doing his job. In reality I doubt I will ever buy a new truck.
it’s a write off….
Write offs have to be the only reason dealers are selling the trucks they are for what they cost. When you are getting a write off I guess it doesnt matter what it cost and dealers are reaping the rewards. I cant imagine anyone who is not writing it off buying a truck these days.

Yeah, they’re sure as heck ain’t one in my future as far as I can see right now.
And when I am ready I don’t think it will be a new one off the lot. Cars and trucks are ridiculous in price now !

Yeah, they’re sure as heck ain’t one in my future as far as I can see right now.
And when I am ready I don’t think it will be a new one off the lot. Cars and trucks are ridiculous in price now !
For the last 50 years, we’ve paid cash for our new vehicles. Pretty sure that ship has now sailed.

Back
Top Bottom