• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

cracked skillet lid help needed

Note: The rods/wire labled "for cast iron" are complete junk. In my experience anyway .... no body died walking around the centrifuges or mills I had to weld up for CPC lol.

No disrespect intended. It's not hit&miss or 50/50 if you get someone that knows how to weld that up with Nickel Rods. And nickle rods only. I can't half see and my back's shot or I'd be glad to help. Hope you find an OldSchool welder Friend.
Cast is an entirely animal. There are multiple types and compositions of cast iron (white iron in particle is unweldable). Without knowing that composition you are quite literally guessing whether or not you are using the correct filler material and procedure. Not all cast calls for high nickel based rod. You might be better with a stainless rod or possibly a brazed joint.

Ive followed weld procedure to a T and still watched the weld crack in half because we had no idea what the metallic composition was.

cracked.jpeg

Definitely been welded before. Looks like is cracked right down the center too...

I welded plenty "unweldable" stuff at the chemical plant Friend. I don't know much, but I've never let anyone outWeld me. I can't tell you how many times the engineers said "that can't be welded" at the chemical plant. Washed up and out. Good luck OP.
Engineers and welding dont belong in the same sentence unless "dont know s***about" is between them.

They call us when they have a question about welding and writing a weld procedure lol.

Back
Top Bottom